Two

Before I knew it, the day had come. The day I finally get to meet Shawn Mendes. Drey and I walked to the venue since the Rogers Centre was really close to where we live. We arrive at 4:30pm and the start time for the meet and greet and such was 5:30pm since the concert started at 7:00pm. Drey and I took out our phones to have our e-tickets scanned and entered the venue. We made our way to the merch booths and I finally got the festival tour jean jacket that I always wanted, and I also got the "In The Morning" themed t-shirt, since "Where Were You In The Morning" is my favorite song from this album. Don't get me wrong, I love all of his songs, but for some reason, this one just stood out to me the most, and I love it. Drey and I got our lanyards and passports, as well as the m&g wristbands and waited in line. Drey and I got the Diamond Guitar package, and a lady told us that we could go to the front of the line even though we were the last people in line. I told the lady that it was morally right if the people who were waiting longer got to go first. She said it was our decision and was fine with it, then went to the front of the line where Jake was standing and the m&g began. Before we knew it, it was our turn. I wanted to be the very last person to see Shawn so I would be the last face he sees, so Drey went before I did. While waiting for Drey and Shawn to finish, I started some friendly conversation with the lady and Jake.

"So do you ever get any crazy fangirls who cry and scream or push they're way to get to the front of the line? Haha." I ask.

"Yeah, there have been quite a few haha." Jake replies.

"There was this one girl who was just so obnoxious, we had to escort her out after she had met Shawn. My goodness." the lady says.

"Well, I'm Janessa, and this is my first ever m&g and concert for Shawn." I say.

"I'm Jake and this is Lydia. How come you haven't gone to one before? If I may ask." Jake inquires.

"Well, family life was tough and I moved out on my own, and then was joined shortly by my brother Drey, who's inside there with Shawn right now, and so this it the first time we saved up enough money to come." I reply.

"Oh I see. Well, it looks like your brother is done. You're next. Are you ready?" he asks.

"Ready as I'll ever be!" I exclaim while taking a deep breath and walk past the black sheet.

*********************

I walk in the room and say, "Hi Shawn it's so nice to finally meet you," as Shawn stands, relatively in the middle of the room and he begins to approach me with open arms. I open my arms, too and he gives me a tight squeeze. We hug for what seemed like an eternity, but it couldn't have been more that a few seconds.

"Hi! Janessa, right? I heard you, Jake and Lydia chatting out there."

"Yup, I'm Janessa."

"I love your hair, it's amazing." (My hair has brown roots, leading to a light brown/pink cascade of wavy locks that end right above my butt.)

"Thank you, although I'm pretty sure your hair is much better. Is it okay if I run my hands through it?"

"Haha thanks. Sure go right ahead." (I run my hands through his hair delicately.) "You know a lot of people ask to touch or feel my hair, I hope it meets their expectations of softest, or whatever."

"Oh yes, it exceeds my expectations."

Josiah tells us that it's time to take our picture since the q&a will be shortly after I leave.

"So what pose should we do? Haha. I see too many generic poses, I want something kind of different and unique. Any ideas?" I ask.

"Hmm. How about you put you hands around my neck and I'll put my hands around your waist or back, which ever is more comfortable for you, and we just look at each other?" he suggests.