Twenty One

Reader's notice: This chapter may contain some MATURE scenes. Read at your own will.

Janessa

It's around noon when we get to the hotel and we get out of the SUV and we're greeted by Manny!

"Hi Mr. Mendes, it's so good to see you again!" (I say giving him a hug)

"Oh please, Manny is fine. After all, we're going to be related soon haha. Could I see the ring? Shawn wouldn't even send me a picture." (his dad says returning the hug and chuckling)

"Thank you and sure." (I say showing him the ring on my finger)

"Beautiful, nice job Shawn." (Manny says taking my hand in his, looking at the ring)

"Haha thanks dad." (Shawn says giving his dad a hug)

"Ah, good to see you again. It's too bad your mom and Aaliyah couldn't make it out this time." (Manny says giving Shawn a pat on the back)

"Thanks dad. Yeah, I miss them so much. I face-timed them a few days ago, so that should hold me for now." (Shawn)

"Alright, well let's head up to our rooms. Shall we?" (Manny)

Our luggage is put onto a cart, and is then taken up to our room. Shawn and I are sharing a room again and the rest of the crew are in they're separate rooms on the same floor as ours, with Manny next door to us. Shawn opens the door to our room with the keycard and I walk in while holding the door so he can bring our bags in. I walk to the end of the room and slide the door open to the balcony and the view is just so amazing. There's a really big pool that look like two circles put together in almost an '8' and then a little further beyond that is the beach. Shawn comes and hugs me from behind, and puts his chin on my shoulder.

"I miss you, baby." (Shawn)

"What do you mean?" (I ask leaning my head to his)

"You know, you wanted space and time and I understand completely understand why, but you might be physically here with me right now, but mentally it's like you're on another planet." (Shawn)

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm coming around slowly, but surely. For the time being, I just don't want to be around too many people and I just need time. I know it's hard for you because its hard for me, too. I love you so much." (I say turning around and cupping his face with my hands)

"Take all the time you need, I'll be waiting, no matter how long. I promise." (he says leaning into my hand and putting his hand over mine)

After I put my hands down, Shawn takes my left hand and kisses the top of the ring.

"I love you, my darling. And I won't ever stop." (Shawn)

"I love you, too Shawn. More than you'll ever know." (me)

********************

We settle into the hotel and decided to head out to the beach and to go swimming. I get into my black ruffle bikini that I got back in Toronto with Aaliyah, and then put on a pair of light wash daisy dukes and one of Shawn's shirts and tucked in the front a bit. I put on a white baseball cap backwards and slid on my flip-flops. Shawn got into black board shorts and a dark grey shirt and his MSG cap and put it on backwards, too. We walked down to the beach with Justin, Andrew, Jake, Zubin, and a few others. 

The beach was absolutely beautiful and Andrew even found this "secret cave" that have an oval opening that looked out onto the ocean. The water was aqua blue and clear and cool. Shawn and I held hands and walked along the edge of the water, with the rest trailing behind. We talk about the show that's coming up tonight and how things are going to work, and then we turn around and walk back to the hotel. Shawn and I decided to head to the pool and the other's went back up to their rooms. I stripped down to my bikini and Shawn took off his shirt and we got into the pool together. I float out to the deeper end of the pool and Shawn wades over and pulls me to him. I put my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, and he holds me up with his hands on my butt. We touch forehead and just look into each other's eyes and kiss, ever so softly and slowly. We swim around for a while after that, and then get out and dry off with our towels, put our clothes back on and head back to the room. On the way back to the room, several fans come up to Shawn and me and ask to take pictures. We do, and then one of them noticed the ring and all of them started to scream. With one look, Shawn was telling me to run.