Three

Drey and I make it down the stairs to the center of the stadium, and find our seats. And just as I suspected they were right behind where we sat for sound check. We sit in our new seats and wait for the concert to start while nibbling on the snacks that we had bought. It's 6:52pm so the show is supposed to start in eight minutes, but we'll see. Gotta give it at least a five minute buffer you know. While waiting, we see the stadium filling up and we see people going on and off the stage and at some point I think I see Shawn, but I think it's just a figment of my imagination. And finally the lights dim and the concert starts! At this point all I can hear is screaming and more screaming. I should've brought ear plugs or something. Shawn walks on stage and the crowd is going crazy. You can hear certain fragments of what people are saying, but for the most part its basically gibberish and more screaming. I stand for the majority of the show, but sit when I need to rest from singing and screaming my lungs out. I'm jamming out and dancing to the music and Shawn's singing and it's amazing. The image I put in my mind of what it would be like at one of his concerts can't even compare to what it's really like. It truly is surreal.

********************

The concert ended and people are slowly trickling out of the stadium, but Drey and I wait until the vast majority of the people are gone, since there would be a lot of traffic and people traffic. And because we're walking home, there's no big rush. We sit in our seats for what seems like an eternity, waiting for people to leave so we can leave, and my eyes start getting heavy, and I lean on Drey drifting to sleep. I'm in and out of sleep, barely keeping my eyes open. And then, I see Shawn, in the seat in front of me, facing me. I must be dreaming. I reach out my hand to touch his face and I make contact with it. I bolt straight up and realize that it's not a dream. Shawn was really in front of me. Drey is still next to me, but when I look around the stadium, there are maybe ten people at most, still left, plus Shawn's crew.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. I thought I was dreaming." I apologize.

"Haha it's really okay. I just got here and was going to ask Drey if we should wake you." he says

"It's our first concert, so she's pretty tuckered out." Drey says.

"Yeah. What time is it?" I ask while pulling out my phone. It's almost 12 and the concert ended at 10:30pm-ish. "Geez Drey, why didn't you wake me? I have work tomorrow!"

"Oh man, sorry. I forgot." Drey says as he picks up our things. I start helping Drey gathering our things to take home. Shawn just continues to sit there in silence, watching us, contemplating something.

"So how are you guys getting home?" Shawn inquires.

"Oh we live like three blocks away, so we walked. And we're gonna walk back." I say.

"Which way? Toward the tower or the opposite? he asks.

"The opposite." I reply.

"Would it be okay if I gave you guys a ride home? I live somewhat near there, too." Shawn says

"No no, it's really okay. We can just walk." Drey nudges my elbow.

"I mean, it's pretty late and you guys are carrying quite a bit of stuff from the m&g package, so I insist, I give you guys a ride home." Shawn insists.

"I'd hate to impose."

"Nah, it's no biggie."

"Okay, I guess so.."

"Yes, it is then." he laughs.

"You know, you're are very persuasive, and super famous, yet very down-to-earth."

"Thank you. Okay, follow me and I'll lead you to the back where the car is."

"Okay." I start picking up my things again, and so does Drey and Shawn offers a hand with our things and we let him.

We walk around to the side of the stage, up the stairs onto the stage, then down some other stairs, leading to backstage. We keep walking down a hallway until we reach a door, Shawn opens the door and we are greeted by Jake and Josiah and a few other people. They lead us to Shawn's iconic black Jeep Sahara, and Shawn opens the trunk and puts our things inside. He then opens the backseat door on the driver's side motioning me to hop on in. Drey gets in the passenger seat and closes the door. Shawn talks to Jake, I'm guessing he's telling Jake that he's going to be dropping us home and heading to wherever his condo is. I click my seatbelt into the buckle and lay down sideways. The last thing I remember was Shawn looking into the window and then black. I completely knocked out.

********************

I woke up the next morning, to my work alarm going off, in my bed, in our apartment, in my pajamas... Drey sometimes does undress me and puts me into my pajamas when I'm completely out. I don't mind. I get dressed for work, classic black shirt tucked into blue jeans with a light brown belt, and black flats. I walk out to the kitchen and see that Drey left me a note on the counter next to the coffee pot.

Left early to work today. Someone called in sick and had to fill in. Have a good day. Love you. X

I walk to the Dream Bean and open up the shop. I put on my sandy-colored half apron and start the coffee machines going and display some pastries and write the daily special on the mini chalkboard by the register. I sit on the stool behind the counter waiting for my first customers to walk through the door. I think back to last night and how much fun it was. Being able to meet Shawn and see him perform, and even have him drive me home. (Even though I don't remember that part.) He is so genuine and is honestly just like any other human with feelings and emotions. I just step back from the big picture and see that he isn't just a singer/performer, he is just another human being. The door opens and the bell jingles. Let's get to work.

*********************

Today, was quite a busy day at work. Lots more customers than usual. LOTS more. It's a good thing no one called in sick today, or didn't show up, otherwise we would have been shorthanded. I barely had time for a lunch break, let alone a bathroom break. It's okay though. I like working fast-paced, its exhilarating. It's almost 9pm and time to close up shop. I put the lone blueberry muffin into a paper bag to take home. I turn off all the machines and lock the register when I hear the bell jingle.

"I'm sorry we're closed." I say with my back facing the door.

"Oh sorry, it's 8:57 and I thought I might have a three minute chance to grab some tea."

I turn immediately. I'd know that voice anywhere. It was Shawn.