Thirteen

Janessa (present day)

"I don't think it's crazy that you want to go out. I think it's brave if anything." (Shawn)

"Well, I feel like going for a walk. You up for it Mendes?" (me)

"As long as you're coming with me." (Shawn)

I went to my room and got dressed in black high-waisted skinny jeans and a white crop top, and then an army green bomber. I put my hair up into a messy bun, touched up my make up, stick my phone in my back pocket and then grabbed my leather stiletto booties. I walk out into the living room carrying my shoes in one hand and jacket in the other to see Shawn wearing almost basically the exact same thing.

"Well it seems that you and I both were going for the casual, comfortable, classic look." (Shawn)

"Yeah. You know, you really do wear the ensemble pretty often. Your Yves Saint Lauren boots, Armani white t-shirt, R13 black skinny jeans, the headband around your wrist, your ring, and necklace from your Avó." (I say as I put on my booties)

"Somebody's seen all of my interviews hasn't she?" (Shawn)

"Haha stop. I mean yeah. Gotta know about my man don't I? And you and I have similar taste. Which is good, then I don't have to change my wardrobe for you or anything like that." (me)

"My man, I like the sound of that. And you wouldn't have to change at all either way. I love you for you and that's won't ever changeAnd by the way, you look great. If I could have a girl version of me, it'd be you. Classic." (Shawn)

"Well I have some inspiration so." (I say after I putting on my shoes and jacket)

"Are you ready for this?" (Shawn says while opening the door)

"Let's do it." (I say walking out the door)

********************

Shawn and I walk hand in hand down the sidewalk, glad that no one has really noticed us yet. Or even if they did, they haven't said anything or come up to us or anything like that. Thank goodness. I noticed that with my heels on, I only reach his ears.  But I like it. Because he's taller and bigger than I am, he makes feel safe and protected. I cling to his arm and hold him close, in fear that if I let go, he'll be gone. 

Suddenly, he grabs my hand and we start running. I turn around to see what we're running from, but there's nothing, no one. We keep running and I'm enjoying it. I swing myself around a street light and Shawn chases after me. Now I'm running from him, and he's catching up. He finally reaches me and grabs me by my waist and spins me around. We laugh and enjoy each other's company. And it shortly comes to an end when paparazzi swarms around us and the flashes are so bright I can't find Shawn. I hear the paps asking so many question. I try screaming over all of them.

"Shawn! Shawn! Where I are you." (I cover my eyes trying to block the light and reach out trying to find him)

"Nessa!" (Shawn reaches out, grabs my hand and pulls me to him)

Shawn picks me up putting an arm under my knees and the other at my waist. I put my arms around his neck and hide my face in his chest. I can't see much, but I can feel Shawn running and his heart is beating so quickly. I don't know what to do. I cry into his chest and feel the wind as Shawn continues to run. I don't hear the cameras clicking anymore, and Shawn begins to slow. He tries to set me down on a bench, in a nearly empty park, but I cling to him and don't let go. So he sits on the bench with my on his lap. I curl up into a ball and Shawn puts his arms around me and just holds me. I'm still crying when he put his hand over my shaking hand that's clutching his shirt. He lifts my chin up and I look into his eyes, his beautiful eyes, frantic and full of concern.