Five

I look at him, stunned by what just happened.

"I'm sorry. I should've asked first." Shawn says while scratching the back of his head.

"No no, it's okay. It's just, aren't people not allowed to kiss you or you them because you might get sick and because of hygiene or sanitary issues?" I ask.

"Yeah I mean I guess so, but you're not sick and no one saw it, so no one will know."

"First of all, I could be sick but I don't know it. Secondly, technically my phone saw it and it will forever be engrained in my mind forever."

"Hold on, don't even go there. What about pictures of me as you lock and home screens? Hmm? I'm flattered though, thank you. Haha"

I pause try to make a comeback, but can't. "Touché. Okay, but let's not mention this to anyone or bring it up, if we ever meet again. Cool? Cool."

"Haha okay. It's getting late and I feel as though I have overstayed my welcome, so I will be on my way."

"No, you haven't overstayed your welcome. Shawn Mendes in my apartment? Anytime, anytime. Haha, I'll see you out."

We walk over to the door, Shawn puts on his shoes and opens the door to leave. He walks partially out the door and turns around and hugs me, tight. "Goodnight." He whispers into my ear before letting go. And then, he's gone.

*********************

I wake up and it's around 10 in the morning. Shawn stayed until well past midnight, but I didn't mind how late it was because I got to spend that time with SHAWN FREAKING MENDES. I still can't really process what happened last night but maybe a cup of coffee will help. I walk into the kitchen to see Drey on the sofa on his laptop typing away, with his coffee mug on the table.

"Morning Bubba."

"Morning Bree. Sleep well?"

"Mhmm, like a rock. You?"

"Yeah, I think I fell asleep before Shawn left."

"Yeah, I think so. He didn't leave till nearly after midnight."

"You guys didn't do anything, did you?" he says with a grin on his face.

"God no. Drey who do you think I am?He-may-be-a-celebrity-but-that-doesn't-mean-he-gets-easy-access-even-though-he-probably-gets-it-whenever-and-with-whoever-he-wants-but-just-because-he's-Shawn-Mendes-doesn't-mean-I'd-do-anything-with-him."

"Jesus, Bree. Breathe, calm down. I was just joking. I know that after Jason things changed, but you know you can open up to certain people, right?"

"Shawn Mendes doesn't count. I was probably his "ticket of normality" for one night, and he won't even be back and we won't even see him again, just wait and see."

"Whatever you say."

I grab the pot of coffee and pour myself a mug and add creamer then sugar and then mix it all together. I take a sip of my coffee and before I can take another, the doorbell rings. I look at Drey, both of us wondering who it is, through our eyes. I look through the peephole to see if anyone is there and there's no one there. I open the door not releasing the chain and see an envelope and a vase of half-a-dozen roses. I release the chain to open the door completely and pick up the vase and envelope and bring it inside. I lock the door and set the vase on the kitchen countertop. On the vase, there's a card that says, open the envelope. So I open the envelope finding a handwritten letter of some sort. Drey walks over and leans agains the countertop asking what it is. I tell him I don't know, but we're about to find out.