Eight

New day. New life. New me.

*********************

Spending the entire night with Shawn, waking up to him in the morning, watching the sunrise, and eating a breakfast picnic with him was all I've dreamed of. I never thought that I could fall in love with someone as quickly as I did with him. It doesn't make any sense to me still. Granted, I did "grow up" with him, but it wasn't in person, and I had only met Shawn a few days ago in person. Maybe this really is some type of "true love". All I know is he makes me really happy, he makes me feel as if there's not a worry in my tiny, little world. The days have truly flown by since the last time I spent time with Shawn. It's already the weekend, and I'm so excited! Shawn asked me if I wanted to meet his family, and I, of course, couldn't say 'no'. He said if we were moving too fast that it was totally understandable and if I didn't want to go, that I didn't have to. But I most definitely said 'yes' and he even extended the invitation to Drey. So Drey and I are packed up and ready to go, and we're just waiting for Shawn to get here, and then we'll be on our way to Pickering. I only packed a weekender tote, since we're only going to be there until Monday. Before I knew it, there was a knock on the door and I open it to see Shawn.

"Good morning, beautiful." he says pulling me into his warm bear hug.

"Morning handsome." I say giving him a quick peck.

"Hey Shawn." Drey says carrying my tote and his bag to the door.

"Morning Drey. Y'all ready to go?" (Shawn)

"Yup, I think so. Are we forgetting anything Drey?" (me)

"I don't think so. Yup, I think we're all set and ready to go." (Drey)

"Here let me help you with you're bags." (Shawn takes my tote from Drey.)

"Thanks man." (Drey)

*********************

On the way to his parents' house, we listen to John Mayer and we're all just jamming out and having fun. And the whole time, Shawn's hand is holding mine while the other is on the wheel. I think it's a bit dangerous to drive with one hand, but Shawn is safe so I don't mind as much. Before we know it, we pull up to his parent's house. As we're getting out of the car, his parents and Aaliyah come out of the house. Aaliyah runs up to Shawn and jumps into his arms.

"I've missed you so much, Shawn!" (Aaliyah says as Shawn lets her down.)

"I've missed you too, Aaliyah. Haven't given mum and dad much trouble, eh?" (Shawn)

"Nope. I promise." (Aaliyah)

"Hey son. We've missed you." (his dad says while giving him a firm handshake.)

"Hey mum." (Shawn says while embracing his mom.)

"We've all missed you, Shawn. It's good to have you back. And we're happy that you've brought guests. Mind introducing us?" (his mom says)

"Oh right. Sorry. Mum, Dad, Liyah, this is Janessa and Dreyden King. And Janessa is--" (Shawn)

"YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" (his mom and Aaliyah)

"Uhm," (Shawn scratches the back of his head and blushes) "Yeah. She's my girlfriend. And Drey is her younger brother."

"It's so nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Mendes and Aaliyah. Thank you for letting us stay the weekend at your lovely home." (me)

"Yes, thank you so much for having us." (Drey)

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Janessa and Dreyden. And please, just Karen and Manny." (his mom)