Melted

A/N requested to @Jenny_Good_Witch
..............
Bucky was back from Hydra, well not Bucky, the winter Soldier.  He sat in his room in silence coming out once a day to grab food. Bucky isn't Bucky yet. Steve spends his time pacing the living room.
Peter can home to an empty house. All the Avengers where on a motion today don wouldn't be back until 1:00 in the morning. Peter sat down on the couch but heard a loud scream coming from Buckys room. Quickly Peter stood up and sprinted the source of the noise.
Peter approached the door and hesitated but decided to knock anyways. When he didn't get an answer he walked in. Inside the room Bucky was sitting on his bed, both his arms wrapped around his legs.
"Are you ok?" The boy asks.
"Go away, child." Bucky states in his winter soldier voice.
"But you seem lonely?" Peter says stepping into the room more. The Winter soldier stares at the kid.
"I said go away." The man hisses. Peter flinches lightly but doesn't move.
"You know, Steve wishes you would come out more. He spends all day pacing the living room. Steve tells me story's about, you, Bucky, all the time. I want to meet you too." Bucky shakes his head. There is no way anyone would want to see him.
"Please leave." Bucky says, his voice cracking at the end.
"No. You need help." The Winter soldier sighs.
"I do not need a child's help."
"Everyone needs help. Even Natasha..." he pauses and shrugs, "she's the Black Widow. And what does  me being a kid have anything to do with it."
"You don't care about me. You know I'm a murder and look at me like one. Like who I really am." Peter can't help but roll his eyes making Bucky confused.
"Typical. I care about you, so does Steve, Hell, even Tony does. So what you murdered people, may I add, against your will. It's not your fault. Everyone is past that, besides you." Bucky feels a slight prick of warmth. He clears his throat,
"A child shouldn't use cuss words." Peter starts laughing and Bucky can't help but show a bit of a smile.
"You sound like Steve!" Peter stops laughing and Bucky remembers Hydra, killing, pain.
"Your a child you don't understand what it feels like to kill." Peter tenses. He moves forward and sits at the very end of the bed.
"I may be a child but I know what it feels like. You'd be surprised by how much I lost." Bucky tilts his head to the side
"What? Starks your dad and Peppers your mom I thought?" Peter nods sadly.
"Adoptive. When I was young my parents died in s plane crash. I moved in with Aunt May and Uncle Ben. Then I got Powers I burglar ran past me and I could have stopped him. But I didn't. Later I found my uncle lying on the ground with a bullet wound. The burglar did it. Then I had to kill one of my best friends dad who became a supper villain. The my girlfriend died because I couldn't save her. Then after I got over her death, my new girlfriends dad, was the vulture, I had to stopped him and forced Liz and her family to move away because her dad was in prison. Last, my Aunt died in a home invasion I most likely could have prevented. I know how it feels." Peters voice cracks on the last ace fence and he brakes down crying. Bucky feels sadness for this kid, and another pang if warmth at his heart. His mind went back to protecting Steve. He smiled to himself and wrapped the boy in his arms.
"It's ok Peter. It's not your fault." Peter tended but then wrapped his arms around the Winter Soldier. After Peter stopped crying he pulled away from Bucky. "Promise me you won't blame yourself for what happened." Peter nodded.
"Only if you don't blame yourself for yours."
"Dam Kid," Bucky says.
"Language." Peter days mimicking Steve.
"Fine." Bucky says and holds out his hand for Peter to shake.
"Let's go watch movies and eat ice cream." Peter laughs and runs out the room, Bucky following close behind him.
Soon Peter feel asleep against Bucky, and Bucky leaned his head against Peter, and he to feel asleep, without any nightmares. And when the Avengers go back, that's how thy found them. Steve smiled and tears came to his eyes. Bucky is back.
...............
Peter walked through the door and gasped. Loki was sitting in his living room Peter couldn't be more excited. The kid found his magic fast singing and couldn't wait to meet him. Peter made his way to the living room.
"Y-you're Loki," Peter said. Loki frowned. Of course he thought, he would be scared of me.
"I love you! You're magic is so cool! Can you shape shift? Can you help me prank people?! What is it like to be appear as someone else?" The Avengers chuckled at Peters rant of questions.
"Y-young child, why don't you fear me?" The god asks. Peter looks genuinely confused. Then the light bulb clicked.
"For New York? Why would I fear you? We all make big mistakes. I mean, no offense dad, but he created Ultron and evil robot and I love him. Plus he is my dad." Loki smiles at the young boy and his heart warms.  Clint chuckles.
"And Loki is the newest victim of Peters happiness."