Happy Birthday...

A/N hey everyone! Thanks to @YumiBarnes for this idea! Also check out YumiBarnes story called Avengers Meet in High school which was inspired by my book Undercover Superheroes! Enjoy! (Tony isn't Peters dad)
..................
Usually Peter never want to get out of his warm bed. But today was different. Today is Peter's 16 Birthday. So instead he jumps out of bad and quickly gets dressed thinking about the day. First May will make him a pancake breakfast, then he will go to school, then after that Tony, May, and Peter are going to have diner cake and he will open presents. And to finish his night off a nice long patrol. When Peter walked out of his room he felt his spider sense tingle at the base of his skull. He runs down the hall into the main area. It is quiet. It looks normal until he sees a stocky red trail on the floor. Blood. May. Empty.
"MAY!" He yells as loud as he can but is only greeted with silence. He runs back up to his room to put on his suit then sprints back to the trail of blood that leads to the door. He opens the door and the trail cuts off. Oh no. Tears start to cloud his vision and he jumps out the widow above the sink. The winds rush past him as he propels himself farther, school long forgotten.
KAREN: Incoming call from- Peter smiles and the words hoping it's May. Hoping she is alive- Ned.
"Ignore Karen." Peter begins losing hope, "May, I'm sorry," He chokes out in a whisper. She's gone. May. Memories flood through his mind. He's knees buckle and he falls to the ground sobbing. It's official. Im alone. Peter grabs at his throat trying to breath through the sobs. Shakes rack through his body. May. Her face appears in his mind, and her voice, her sweet and caring voice telling him that 'I larb you." He chokes out another sob. This can't be happening. It just can't.
.............
Tony sits at his desk putting his final touches on his Ironman suit. He then takes out the new Stark phone and quickly wraps it. He then takes out a card that has iron mans and Spider-Man on it. The card says
"Happy 16th hero!" Inside Tony writes
Kid-
Happy sixteenth Birthday party and please remind me to stay off the rode when you get your license. I have one more present for you. Well kind of. I want you and me to work on a new suit for you. I call it 'the iron spider' suit!
- Tony Stark
He then puts the card in the envelope and puts it onto of his wrapped present.
"It seems Peter is having a panic attack, Sir," FRIDAY says. Thoughts run through Tony's mind. What's wrong? Quickly he moves his hands and the suit encases him. Then he orders for his suit to get to Peter as fast as possible.
Once he lands on the roof on Queens he sees Petter curled in a ball crying. Tony's heart shatters. What happened. Tony opens them step out of his suit and kneels down by Peter and places a hand on his back. Peter pulls a way for a moment but then begins to calm down and sit up. His eyes are red and puffy. He sniffles one more time.
"It's ok Pete. Can you tell me what's wrong?" Tony sounded like he was talking to a four year old be nether of them noticed or cared.
"I w-woke up," Peter sniffles again, "Aunt May... Blood... G-gone," Peter begins to sob again, and Tony's heart shatters again. Quickly Tony pulls Peter into a tight hug and runs his back. Once Peter calms down enough to realize what's happening he suddenly pulls away, "I-I am so sorry Mr. Stark, I-I," Tony shakes his head.
"Don't apologize," Tony thinks for a moment before adding, "And happy 16th birthday," thankfully Peter chuckles a little.
"Thank you Mr. Stark." Tony nods.
"I think we should go back to your apartment and figure out what happened," Peter tenses up a little then nods. Tony lays a hand on him then they make their way to the apartment.
Tony opens the door first and notice the trail of dried blood. Before Peter can walk in the takes a blanket from the couch and covers the trail. Tony and Peter walk into the room further. Only then does Peter notice the ballon and the present. He chokes back a sob and rips off his mask. Then he picks up the card gently as if it is about to break then looks up at Tony. He nods at Peter. Slowly Peter picks up the card:
Peter,
Happy 16th birthday! There is so much O need to tell you but so little time. They are taking me today and I'm not going to come back. Im sorry Peter. I love you so much and I wish I could have done more for you. I may no longer physically be with you... Bit Ben and I will always live in in your heart. I wish I could have told you what was happening but I couldn't. I didn't know how. Mr. Stark will take good care of you. I know that. I have to go now Peter. I love you,
Aunt May
Peter noticed wet spots on the card, then realized it's not from him. She wrote this this morning. Peter chokes on a sob and collapsed to the ground once again. Tony picks up the card once again and reads it. His eyes go wide but he focuses all of his attention on Peter. He will not let May down. After Peter calms down he pulls the present on his lap. A white envelope falls from the table. On the back the words Mr. Stark shows up in curly letters. He looks at it confused but then quickly puts it in his coat pocket and watches Peter open the small box. When Peter sees inside he noticed two gold bands. Wedding rings. Ain't May and Uncle Ben. This time Pete doesn't cry he just hold the ring in his fist and brings it to his heart. After a couple minuets Tony lays a hand on Peters back.
"How about you grab some clothes and things and then we head to the tower?" Peter looks at him confused.
"What do you," Tony cuts him off.
"We have a room for you at the tower. Then because it is your birthday we could celebrate..." Peter gives Tony a small smile and grabs the present and the card and brings it to his room. He shoved some clothes and the present in his bag and is easy ready to go.
"Hey Kid, why don't you take a shower and then change out of your suit?" Tony suggests. Peter nods and walks off towards the bathroom. Tony then walks down to the lab and sits down on a chair. He carefully pulls out the envelope addressed to him. Inside is a paper. I'm bold laters if says ADOPTION PAPERS FOR PETER PARKER a single tear rolls down his face. His heart beats faster and then he smiles. A big smile. Scanning the paper farther he realized May hand signed all the necessary spits. He is going to have a son. Well if Peter agrees of course. Wait what if he doesn't agree? Tony noticed another small later.
Mr Stark,
Please take care of Peter. He is the best kid ever and he doesn't have anybody left... besides you of course. Please treat him like he's your son, and I know you will, you already do. Peter loves you and talks about you all the time. Protect Peter for me. If you do that I am forever in your debt.
Love May.
Another tear falls down Tony's cheek but he is quick to whip it away. Then he makes a decision. The biggest decision he has ever made. I will be the best Father Peter has ever asked for. For May. For Peter... and for me. Peter needs Tony, no doubt about it, but Tony also needs Peter.
Peter and Tony sit on the couch. They had just finished cake, and Peter had opened the card and the phone. Despite all that has happened today Peter smiles and is beyond happy with his gifts. But their is still one more. Tony takes a breath the says, "when we where in your apartment their was a note that you didn't see. It was for me. Anyway, I don't want to try and replace May or Ben or your Parents. But in the later was Adoption forms. May want me to adopt you. And in all honesty I want to adopt you. But I also don't want to force you into anything, so it's up to you." Peter stare at him for a moment then another. Just as Stark is starting to worry Peter flings himself and Tony and embraces him. Both sad and happy tears run down their faces.
"I would like that... dad," Tony's heart stops for a moment and his stomach flutters. He will be the best dad ever. Peter and Tony don't have much... but they do have each other.