Chapter 17 - Part 1

Start from the beginning

He gasped and groaned at the pain flooding through his back.

"Not bad, you were focused, but your attention to the fight began to wane when you found yourself getting frustrated at not getting in a hit. Just because your opponent is stronger than you doesn't mean you can't win. Nobody's perfect everyone makes mistakes, you just need to be aware of them in your opponent and most importantly yourself. I expect you to get a handle on your anger before it decides to control you in battle."

I reached down and pinched at the junction where his shoulder met his neck and knocked him out. I then snapped my fingers and teleported him to his room for him to recover.

"Next."

———

"I heard you're good with a sword, how about with daggers?"

"Guess we'll find out won't we?"

I smirked, "I suppose we will."

Reiji smirked, his eyes narrowed and calculating. In a flash something sliced past my cheek, my head tilted slightly to the side.

A drop of blood traced down the side of my cheek and I grinned canines sharp and gleaming. "Not bad glasses, I applaud you for not only managing to cut me but taking it s step further and lacing your blade with poison." I teleported in front of him and swiped the bead of blood off my cheek with my pointer finger and smirked slyly up at him, "Good thing I'm resistant to most poisons." I dragged my blood covered pointer finger across his bottom lip with a wicked grin and watched as his nostrils flared at the scent of my blood. "A reward for impressing me. Let's see if you can do it again."

I reappeared in my previous spot and we immediately began to spar, him with his two daggers and me with my sharp claws and speed.

In ten minutes he managed to cut some of my hair before I disarmed him by pinning him to the ground and hitting pressure points in his arms. He breathed a little deeper than normal and grimaced at the pain in his arms.

"Not bad Reiji, not bad at all. Though I hope you keep in mind you don't have to be the best at everything, you've already got enough skill to be admired. I just expect for you to refine your skills a bit more and improve. In no time you'll be able to land quite a few hits on me."

He nodded with a bit of surprise and got up off the ground with some of my help. I pressed on his pressure points in his arms once more and watched with satisfaction as he began to move them again.

"Alright, next."

———

"Neh, Teddy~ She would make a lovely doll wouldn't she....?"

I quirked an eyebrow at the little weirdo and snorted, "Alright Kanato, anytime now."

The mentally unstable Kanato set his crazed purple eyes on me and grinned, "Neh~ Teddy and I are sorry, we'll begin now."

I internally sighed, "Alright."

Kanato maintained eye contact with me and inaudibly mouthed words into the ear of his stuffed bear, Teddy.

Then just like that Kanato disappeared, Teddy on the ground a different aura around him.

I smirked, so this was the demon familiar he loved to call forth into Teddy. How interesting.

"I see." I focused my eyes to my right and smirked, flashing my deadly teeth at the startled Kanato. I had a needle pointed at his neck from his spot next to me. He had tried and failed to take me down in my (slight) blind spot. "You enjoy using your familiar in a fight, then I suppose I should make it even by bringing in my familiar. Though I'd say he's more experienced."