Chapter 13

Author-chan is a lazy bitch!! 😭😭

But, onwards with the chapter....

———

"Y..Yumiko-chan?"

"Yes...?"

"What's h..happening? W...where are we going?"

I drove down the dark road in a car that I had found—(stole)—somewhere. I was taking myself, as well as Yui to the most safest and newly refurbished house that once housed my childhoods greatest tragedy and some of my many good memories. My childhood home.

"We're heading to my old home...But don't worry you'll be safe." I glanced at her and gave her a small smile, "I promise."

She flushed and nodded mutely, giving me a small smile in return.

I turned away and slightly frowned. She was nervous, I could tell.

I'm not gonna lie but in light of everything I've learned and the new piece of information I've received, almost everything is riding on what I'm planning next. I just need to keep innocents out of it and that meant keeping Yui safe from leeches and demons alike.

Everything I did had a purpose, and keeping the boys' attention on me and away from Yui was apart of it, even if I didn't like it. I was following through with my promises to myself and Reina, no matter what.

- - -

I twisted the freshly polished golden doorknob on the door and pushed it open.

Memories ran through my head, but I shook them away and turned to Yui who marveled at the grandness of the mansion.

It wasn't dark like the previous mansion. It had an old-fashioned type of style with a hint a modern feel to it. It had three levels, the main floor, the top floor, and the basement which was hardly ever used except for a quick escape or storage. There are ten bedrooms plus two masters, four bathrooms, a grand staircase, a large backyard, an indoor pool, a greenhouse, kitchen, living room, dining room, ball room, a library, a few secret rooms, underground tunnels, a guest house, a backyard, a garage, a grand outdoor fountain, and a separate part of the mansion for the maids and butlers.

Most of the things seen in the mansion were new, others were original things that were untouched by the fire that years ago ate at half of the mansions structure. Some things were salvaged and restored. I did my best to keep everything the way it was and looked, before it was almost burned to the ground. I can say it turned out better than I expected.

"Yui, I'll take you to your room and you can settle in. Afterwards feel free to explore with your personal maid who I'll send to your room soon. She'll help you with anything you need and protect you. I need to do a few things and then afterwards we'll have some girl time." I spoke softly and as honestly as I could without giving away anything bad or just plain unsettling.

Yui nodded and I quickly guided her to her new room where I set her suitcase down on her bed and gave her a quick reassuring smile before leaving.

- - -

I observed the object in my hand with a small smirk. It was small and meaningless to most, but it meant so much to me. It took a while to get, as well as find, but with hard work, blood, sweat, and fire, I finally got it. It was going to do what I couldn't do, it was going to help me stick to my promise.

But it wasn't time to use it, not yet, so with ease I wrapped it in silk cloth, slipped it into a small metal case and closed, locking the case. With that done, I placed the case into a large safe, locking it up nice and tight.

At the moment things were finally settling into place. Time seemed to move a lot easier, allowing me to breath better. A small weight was being lifted from shoulders and I smiled, realizing things were going to get better, I was going to get better.

It....no,....they need to disappear...

- - -

• Somewhere else •

"Ne,~ Nii-san, where do you think she went?~"

"...That's something I don't know as of yet. We'll find her, don't fret, little brother..."

"Hai~"

- - -

I stared at the wall in my office. Scattered along it was papers of all shapes and sizes. Red, white, and black string overlapping one another connecting one to another.

I was close.

So damn close.

I narrowed my eyes and bit harshly on the end of the marker I had in my hand. The biggest paper on the wall, in the dead center of it all, had a tauntingly large question mark on it.

" ? "
-Hunter organization leader-

The newest piece of information collected from a source of mine would hopefully lead me to finding the name of this organizations leader. I grabbed my phone clicked on a recent message and uncapped my marker, glaring at the name on my phone screen as well as a picture of the bastard I'd be torturing.

" Kai Suzuki "

Status: AliveLast Known Location: Yukai District (made this up)WANTED: Warning, approach man with caution

Status: Alive
Last Known Location: Yukai District (made this up)
WANTED: Warning, approach man with caution. Wanted for three accounts of murder, robbery, and the use of unlicensed and unlawful use of weapons.

Smirking I put my phone down and turned away from the wall. Kai was now on my list of things to do, but first it's Yui and Yumiko time...

...No, not like that, friggen weirdos.

Okay guys, sorry for the wait I'm a lazy piece of shit. 😂 Ugh, anyways I tried to make it long, but decided not to because I hate putting everything down in one chapter. Also know that I don't plan on having a bunch of chapters, the intention of this story was not to be long. But I'll save that for another time, adios!

UNEDITED