Chapter 6

• Third Person •

"What the hell?"

The brothers stood near the entrance of the living room while Yumiko sat in the middle of the largest couch. Her guy friends either sat beside her or stood behind the couch. The guys smirked or glared in the general direction of the Sakamaki brother's while they simply observed skeptically.

"Oh hey guys."

Reiji—based off observation, noticed how Yumiko's posture and attitude had changed completely. She seemed at home and carefree, but back at the mansion seemed to express great amounts of sarcasm, anger, and mystery. He deduced that she knew these gentlemen well, and scowled at the thought, though he didn't know why.

"Yumiko.....do you know them..?"

Shu looked slightly angry, but his curiosity took over that anger and he just frowned in obvious dislike with all the males crowded around his girl.

"Oh, hahaha....yeah I do. I would've told you guys but the thing is, at the time I didn't care and you didn't need to know. Sooooo......yeah."

Yumiko pursed her lips and gave a careless shrug while casually leaning up against Ryder who smirked and pulled her onto his lap which allowed him to rest his face in the crook of her neck.

Shu clenched his fist and narrowed his eyes at the young wolf. He was obviously doing it on purpose to rile him up, it was working and the mutt knew it.

The brothers could tell that their new neighbors weren't normal. Their scent, glowing eyes, and glistening teeth gave them away. They were glaring at the Sakamaki's for unknown reasons, all the while the brothers tried to piece together as to how Yumiko came to know such creatures. The mystery around her seemed to grow and cloud the brother's thoughts, Yui on the other hand was shaking in fear after finding out they weren't in fact human.

"Well, seeing as we came all this way. It only seems polite that you introduce us Yumiko. Besides I'm curious as to how you've come to know these gentlemen."

Reiji crossed his arms after pushing up his glasses with his pointer finger. His glasses glinted in the dim light and his eyes narrowed onto the young woman on the couch.

Yumiko sighed and rolled her eyes,

"Fine...fine.."

Yumiko proceeded with a brief introduction of their names and ages. She didn't care to elaborate on their species, the brothers could figure it out themselves.

"...and that's it. I've known these guys for a couple years. We're really close and I didn't feel like telling you because it doesn't concern you guys and if I did tell you, you guys would have never let me leave by myself."

Even though I could easily kill them and get rid of their bodies....Yumiko thought silently to herself.

If Shu were honest with himself he probably would have locked her up in his room and never let her out again. The others would have just monitored her every move, besides they didn't know her as well as Shu did. They didn't have the same attachment to her as he did. The way he acted though, it was so out of character for him. It's almost if she did something to him, and that aroused the brothers suspicions. Perhaps she isn't who she says she is, maybe she isn't even human.

Simultaneously—almost as if knowing what the other was thinking, the Sakamaki brothers (except Shu) subtly smelt the air and observed 'Yumiko'.

Wolf..no....demon..no...warlock..no..vampire..no...human......ye–wait... ash....water...mud...?

Strange.

It was strange, the brother's could have swore she smelt a little bitter before. She smelt like a regular bitter-blooded human not even a couple of days ago.

Now....

...Now she smelt like pure earthy water, fresh air, ash, and dog...? But just like that it vanished and bitterness filled their nose once more. It was quick, not even a second long, but they caught it. Ohhh...they caught it, and they smirked. Their suspicions were confirmed, now all they needed to know what the scent meant. To supernatural creatures their scent was their DNA, their identity and they were going to dissect it.

Reiji hummed in thought, he was obviously the genius and he didn't know one creature that could smell like that. But perhaps...

---

Yumiko was curious, would they figure it out? They were definitely suspicious, especially after she weakened the deception shrouding her her scent for a couple of seconds. She even took notice of Reiji's thinking face and smirked.

She couldn't help it, she was the best at deception. It coiled and danced on her skin and in her bones. She thrived on it despite being good, she needed something dark. To much light suffocated her and made her feel alone, it was like sitting in an empty room that had no end or beginning and was completely white.....Insanity.

"Reiji, what has you so troubled?"

Reiji looked up with a small hum, and quickly shuddered upon meeting her gaze. It was deceitful, dark, and twisted. It promised lies and inevitable violence. Her smirk was frightful it could even make the devil himself squirm, her eyes looked darker than normal and seemed to glow and her irises seemed to sharpen to a fine point.

"N..nothing, nothing of importance." Reiji spoke. He was disturbed and thought it best he and his brothers left to talk. He coughed catching everyone's attention, "Well it's been a pleasure, but we must go, Miss. Akamatsu, I can only assume you'll be staying here for the night?"

Yumiko rolled her eyes for no specific reason and nodded.

"Yup, I'll meet you leeches at school. Don't worry Mama Reiji, try not to miss me to much. I'll do the same, Bye!"

Yumiko winked and ushered the brothers out and closed the door.

• Yumiko's POV •

Ryder grinned and jumped up from the couch, "Finally! I thought they'd never leave. Ne, Yumi-chan they're pretty stupid aren't they?"

I smiled and ruffled his hair causing him to pout, "No...I wouldn't say that. They're just slow in figuring things out."

I couldn't help but feel a rush of sadistic excitement. It felt exhilarating, I couldn't wait for them to make the first move. The games started...

"But I will say this...,"

I smirked and flashed my heterochromatic eyes at the boys in front of me.

"The games only just begun.."

They smirked and I laughed.

Okay it's not as long as I hoped, but I'm just trying to get these chapters out. Well.... give me positive feedback, it helps!! Thank you!

Unedited