~Prologue~

I've lived long enough to know that the world is cruel and that I shouldn't blame people for it.

No one is the same, trust me, I know..

To be honest with you...I didn't always have these views.

As a young child, when I had parents I loved everyone and everything, including my parents.

Even being of the supernatural world we were fairly peaceful creatures. But, that was until it all changed for me..

I was just a little girl, when I first met Reina. Compared to my 4'3" stature she stood at 5'7" and had long brown hair that slightly covered her radiant golden eyes. She found me and raised as her own.

At the time I had no family, they were killed by the very species I thought I had come to hate. I didn't know why my parents were killed, I was only six, and I could hardly grasp what their intentions were. Until they killed my mother and set my father into a deadly rage. That was after he managed to get me to safety, the last thing I heard from him was that, him and mother loved me very much, and that I was something special. Then he told me something about doing great things in the future. I didn't understand what he meant at the time, but he didn't waste any time in leaving, he was determined to kill the intruders.

After the incident you could say I had a grudge against the organization of humans that killed my parents. They had left me–an orphaned child–to survive and live alone for all my immortal life. I spent two years afterwards trying to survive with my favorite stuffed bunny; my parents had given him to me on my third birthday. He was with me when I suffered in pain and loneliness, that was around the time period when my inner demons began to fester. That was until Reina stopped their strong reign over me.

She managed to show me that not all humans were bad. That we shouldn't always take action with such hatred and violence. It would only start a never ending cycle of pain and hatred.

I saw from her point of view and opened up, developing a new life as a human. But at times people managed to provoke me and find out I was not, in fact 'human'. To say we moved a lot would be an understatement we moved quite frequently.

Reina trained me to toughen my barriers, and not let humans get to me. It worked, but sometimes words managed to slip through.

One year I had secluded myself into my room and trained my mind to block out the negativities of the world. I also began to train with my abilities I had found at a young age and began to work on with my parents. For our species it was rare to receive such gifts but it was no surprise to our family. My parents were two separate hybrid species, making me a unique but deadly Tribrid.

My mother was a hybrid just like me and father, she was half demon-wolf and half vampire. My father was a bit of the same but he was part demon-angel and vampire mixed together. Strange combination...I know, I often wondered how they came to be, but it was never important for me think about for too long.

After a long period of time I was finally a young adult. In human years I was 21, but as a supernatural creature I would be considered 1,050 years-old. It sounds like I'm old but we supernatural creatures had a weird age system that, I myself, had hardly understood. This brings me to the point were I stood by Reina in her final moments...

It was hard to say the least, but it was expected, she was human and I wasn't...

When I'd grow old and still look young, she'd grow old and look older. That was the second time in my whole life I had cried so hard.

I griped her frail hand as she smiled at me with her gray hair and ashen skin. Her eyes still shined a blinding gold color, that was one thing I'd never forget.

I almost lost it, when she squeezed my hand with little strength left and began to tell me how happy she was. I was confused on how she could happy, but she stopped me from asking why...by telling me she was happy because she was glad that she got to raise me and that even though I wasn't her actual daughter she still considered me as such. She explained to me that I grew in grace and beauty and that when she was gone, that'd I'd remember to be kind and understanding. But if it came to the point were I had to defend an innocent I could do what I had to do. The last thing she said, was that I was to inherit her personal belongings and that she loved me very much, that she'd always be with me when I needed her most.

I never forgot her when she passed, even when I moved to Japan and changed my identity. I knew I would never really change, I had only put on a fake innocent facade to hide my existence and hide my species from the bad people out in the world. I may be strong but I was taught better than to kill without reason, I was raised to respect the life I was given and not question the hands of fate. Things happened for a reason and the reasons behind the outcomes were sometimes misunderstood and a complete mystery. I chose not question most things but, I'm starting to question a few things now that I'm being sent to a Vampire mansion that my old friend Karlheinz had sent me to. He was older than me by a thousand years in supernatural years, but I still matched him at strength and intelligence.

To say I was a little hesitant was an understatement, I was about to decline when he threw in that he would leave me alone for the rest of my life and give me my own secluded home somewhere far away. He also threw in that a young human girl was to be sent there as well, her name was Yui Komori. He knew I wouldn't decline after he had said this, so with great disdain I agreed. I had to protect the poor human soul, I couldn't just leave her by herself and have her live with the very spawns of The Vampire King, Karlheinz.

So here I was, fate had brought me here....The Sakamaki Household.

Okay this is probably not the best prologue ever, but I don't care. This is my first time writing an Anime FanFiction so bare with me. This idea just hit me recently, so I'm working on this slowly.

I hope you enjoy and please comment, follow, share, and/or star that would awesome!

Peace out my lovely readers,

~You're lovely author Bloodspill101~

Unedited