26| Secrets unleashed

9/5/18

Wow, it's so weird not updating once a day. Sorry, school just started and I've been busy. I'm also writing "Mikey's Life Journal" and "Game Over" so I'm kind of busy with those to.

A/N 12/14/22:   I know I deleted dozens of my fics years ago on a mental health rampage at the time but I have no memory of 'Mikey's Life Journal'. It's lost to the void 🕊

Chapter Twenty-Six: Secrets unleashed

The rough impact of my body slamming against the ground sent dust into the air, covering me in rocky debris. I slowly sat up, letting out a scratchy cough.

Ugh... What happened...

That's when I heard the deep, vicious growl behind me.

Trembling, I gulped with nervousness. I peered up at the top of the small gorge, where Rosebud and Doku were fearfully watching, looking behind me as they seemed frozen with terror.

I slowly turned around, taking in a sharp breath when I saw... It...

The large beast looked similar to the werewolves in the old halloween shows me and my brothers used to watch, but instead it was hunched over more like a wolf, it's pale black fur gnarled.

Flies buzzed around it's bloody jaws, it's narrow face featuring jagged teeth and pitch black eyes.

It took a step towards me, but all I could do was watch with fear. Years of ninja training and preparing for situations like these faded away, and my stomach clenched.

The wild beast let out another deep growl, saliva dripping down from it's mouth, dribbling onto the stones at my feet.

The last thing I heard was Doku's battle cry, before my eyes rolled to the back of my head, and the world turned black...

*                        *                        *        

I groan, slowly opening my eyes.

The light shining in my vision was much brighter then expected, and made me wince as I whimpered, trying to shield my eyes with my weak hands. It took me a few moments to realize that...

I'm back on Earth!

I immediately leapt off the cot thingy, but instantly regretted it when I felt myself swaying. Trying not to make any noise, I quickly steadied myself and looked around Donnie's empty lab.

That feeling is still here...

I slowly start to walk towards the lab doors, only to feel a tug on my arm.

I look down to see a cord taped against my left wrist, the needle dug into my flesh. My confused eyes followed the cord to where it was hooked to a heart monitor, which seemed to be beeping normally.

I ripped the needle out, tossing it onto the cot. I then once more continued to the lab doors, hearing my brothers voices coming from the other side.

Moving around still feels like I'm walking on water.

The sounds seem more blurred, the lights more dimmed, fuzziness at the edge of my vision.