1| Fʌɭɭɩŋʛ

8/2/18

Chapter One: Falling

Third POV...

"Ready for the worlds second ever high three!" Mikey cheered, slowing to a halt.

He excitedly raised his hand into the air, but before any of his brothers could respond, Raph accidentally slammed into Mikey's side. The youngest turtle let out a yelp of surprise as the collision sent him spinning downwards, desperately trying to control his ride.

But a moment later, his hands were secure around the levers, readjusting his artificial wings and flying back to his brothers.

"Uh, hi again bros..." He nervously laughed, scratching the back of his neck. When they saw he wasn't harmed in any way, his brothers only rolled their eyes, and they continued to soar through the darkening city sky.

"Hey! What about the worlds second ever high three?!" Mikey called out, quickly flying after them. Leo glanced back at him, rolling his eyes.

"For the twelfth time, Mikey, we're out here too patrol! Not act like little kids!" He snapped- the earlier fight he had with Raph was still poking at his temper.

Mikey frowned, eyes darkening with hurt.

But because of the fact that no one was looking at him, none of them realized his change of mood. So soon after, Mikey slowed down, unsure of what to say.

"Um, you guys can go on without me, I'll catch up!" He called out, waving at their backs.

All three of his brothers glanced back at him, but they didn't seem to mind his announced exit. In fact, they seemed to have a distant relief on their tired faces.

"Fine, just stay nearby." Leo sighed, turning back around.

Before Mikey knew it, his brothers were nearly out of sight, specks in the distance. He let out a huff of relief and finally relaxed, gently gliding through the night sky.

He flew upwards, higher and higher, loving the feeling of gentle wind against his skin. He took in a deep breath, realizing that the air up here seemed fresher and more vibrant.

What Donatello didn't know is that he had made Mikey's dream come true.

"It's like flying in a sea of stars~" He grinned.

But then, as he closed his eyes in peace... Something very unexpected happened.

Mikey felt a harsh impact as a flew directly into a rather tall building, and he couldn't muffle the yelp he made when his body was whacked by the stone bricks.

He immediately attempted to veer back into the non hazardous part of the sky, only to realize that his wings were no longer working correctly. Alarmed, he quickly looked behind him, eyes landing on a large rip in the left wing.

"Oh no no no!" He anxiously shook his head, beginning to panic as he began falling downwards.

During the time he had been distracted with the current events, his hands had come off of the wing controllers. Now, as he fell face first towards New York's street lit roads, he struggled to grab the dark blue levers; but the force of the wind would not allow him too do so.

Mikey would have screamed, but his mind was already filled with sounds of complete terror. He didn't know what to do, he couldn't seem to figure out any solutions.

His eyes began watering from the breeze as he got closer and closer to the ground, seeming to only pick up speed much to his horror. He recognized the street below, dimly lit and looking very unwelcoming due to his current situation.

His desperately flailing arms repositioned themselves, weakly wrapping around his head in a bleak attempt to help his chances of survival.

And as he neared the cement, his eyes caught sight of the city clock flashing in front of him. He whispered with a heavy heart...

"I wish I showed my brothers I loved them more..."