13| Not anymore...

8/17/18

Chapter Thirteen: Not anymore...

Leo's POV...

"MIKEY!" I yell, cupping my hands around my mouth.

The storm had finally died down, enough for us to go searching for our little brother. He had been torn away from us by the harsh wind, and we almost immediately lost sight of him in the violent darkness.

"MIKEYYYY!" I holler again, hearing Donnie and Raph do the same nearby.

"Come on, where is he?!" I frantically look around again, studying the many rooftops. Mikey's horrified face was still clear in my mind...

*Flashback*

"We should really get going! The storm is getting to strong, it's not safe anymore!" Donnie yelled at me, and I sighed. I wanted to get this last block done...

But when I finally realized that the storm was getting to dangerous, as my genius brother pointed out, I gave in.

I nodded to him in agreement, and we began to swoop to the rooftops. I landed roughly on the ground, Raph and Donnie right behind me.

A yell of surprise caught my attention, and I whirled around... Eyes widening when I saw what was happening.

Mikey was swirling around in the air, looking alarmed after he must've been hit with a harsh gust of wind. But just as he fully steadied himself, we all saw what was about to happen.

"MIKEY!" The three of us yell, running forward.

Just as Mikey was about to slam into a water tower, he let out a sharp scream and veered to the left. We all sighed in relief when we saw that he was out of danger, or so we thought...

When he didn't come back down, instead lurching away from us, I realized with terror that he had ripped his wings.

"HELP!" We distantly heard him scream, his expression panicked.

We could only watch as he swirled in place. Alarmed, we continued to run after him, but he was being blown away from the rooftops.

The rain turned even more harsh, soaking us now that our wings weren't sheltering our bodies. The wind was wild, as if trying to compete with the rain to see who was more violent and faster.

Mikey's yells drifted into the distance, and I could barely see him anymore.

"NO! MIKEY!" I scream, still trying to get to him.

"MIKEY! YELL TO US, WE CAN'T SEE YOU, THE STORM IS TO BAD!" Raph yelled at the top of his lungs, frantically studying the sky.

That's when I realized that we could no longer see him...

Our desperate words were lost in the wind, and I finally slowed to a halt. I collapsed to the rooftop, shaking as I buried my head in my hands.

I should never have kept us in the air for so long!

"Mikey, what have I done..." I whisper, looking up at the sky.

I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder, but I quickly shrugged it off. I let out a cry of anger, slamming my fist against the ground.

"WE WILL FIND YOU, YOU'RE... YOU'RE GOING TO BE OKAY!"

The only thing that answered me was a flash of lightning.

*Flashback over*

"GUYS, OVER HERE! I FOUND HIM!" Raph yelled.

I immediately turned towards him, running as if my life depended on it. I skidded to a halt on the roof where I had heard my hot-headed brother's voice, and Donnie hurried up behind me.

Raph's POV...

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" I heard Leo yell, sounding anxious. Can he be any louder?!

"Shell, calm down Fearless! We're right here!" I grumble.

I stumbled out from behind the large pipe, tiredly trying to hold Mikey's weight. He was cradled in my arms, not even a scratch on his limp body.

Not anymore...

"Mikey!" Both Leo and Donnie yell, rushing over to us. Before they can check him for injuries, I turned away.

"There's no wounds, I checked..." I speak the truth, not looking at them. Instead, I gaze down at our little brother with worry.

"Not even a scratch??" Donnie questioned, trying to study Mikey over my shoulder.

"No, now let's get back to the Lair!" I demand, abruptly turning away from them.

I hurried towards the fire escape, ignoring their hushed whispers behind me. When I was in the sewers and out of their sight, with them trailing behind me... I finally allowed my confusion to show.

I frowned, worriedly studying Mikey's face.

Something was wrong, and I knew that I had to find out. Because there's something that Mikey's not telling us, and it must be pretty damn important...

Judging by the fact that, when I found Mikey?

He was covered head to toe in bruises, wounds, and burns. He had clearly been struck by lightning, but now... He was completely healed.

What are you hiding...?