4| Dɩʆʆeʀeŋt woʀɭɗ

8/8/18

Here's the new chapter, I hope you all like it! Also made a new TMNT one-shot called "GONE" if you want to check it out :)

Chapter Four: Different world

One week later...

Life had always presented me with problem after problem, an adventure practically consuming my everyday life with excitement and an unexplained feeling of... Passion, was it? Or perhaps it was simply that I enjoyed the possibilities everyday had, loved knowing that there was always something amazing to happen in the future.

But having wings?

This was something that I hadn't ever expected to occur, nor even had been taught on how to deal with this situation. It was completely new to me.

I unfortunately had quite the reputation of not being able to keep secrets, and therefore, I only did have a few; well at least, before Icecream Kitty came along...

So how was I supposed to hide this from everyone?

It has been almost a full week since that night I awoke on the dark rooftop, the cold of early winter gnawing at my skin. The drizzling rain had been the start of a storm, and I had now realized, it truly was a symbolic moment.

Because all I could see in my future was no longer pizza, alien ships, and rock bands with mummies. It was clouded, a endless expanse of fog not allowing even a peek beyond the screen.

How had I gone from having my future completely planned out, to not having a clue what was going on anymore?

*Flashback...*

I sighed in frustration, pacing back and forth across the empty rooftop. I wearily looked around for any sign of approaching enemies, human citizens, or even my brothers.

I had to be on high alert... I didn't want anyone to know my secret, not until I myself knew everything I could.

It was clear that everyone was starting to get suspicious when I kept asking Leo if I could go out on my own for a walk, considering the fact that it wasn't my 'thing'. It actually was, but I usually rarely did it and considered it a pass time hobby; but now what I was aiming to do was far more important then that.

I always had to wait until my brothers were asleep, before I could venture out into the shadows of New York city.

Lately I hadn't been able to leave them during patrol, a thing that I didn't really used to do anyway unless if we were scouting an area.

The way I was acting for the first few days after discovering my ability, made me wonder what exactly they thought I was up to.

Just as I was about to head back to the Lair, I felt a familiar tingling on the back of my shell, one that made me freeze as I recalled what was about to happen. It had been a few days since I had the opportunity to sneak out, and I couldn't help but smile widely as I bounced in unhidden excitement.

"Finally I can practice flying again!~" I grinned; but the emotion of happiness was quickly replaced with one of pain and discomfort.