9| Turbulent winds

8/13/18

Here's a new chapter, I hope you all enjoy reading it! The next one should be out tomorrow.

Chapter Nine: Turbulent winds

"Mikey, stop fooling around!" Raph yelled, barely heard as he glared at me from over his shoulder.

The rain fell from the sky, getting more and more frequent by the minute. Me and my brothers were partly guarded by our fake wings, and only had one block left to patrol, which is why Leo decided that we might as well finish.

My three brothers were hurriedly flying ahead, eager to get the patrol done and over with.

But I was a dozen feet behind them, doing amazing tricks in the sky.

Is this what it feels like to fly with wings...? Well, I imagine I wouldn't ever dare to fly in such harsh decisions. I inwardly laugh at my thoughts, agreeing with them.

Even though I had decided not to use cheers and catchphrases this time, Raph still didn't like the fact that I was currently being more awesome then him.

Why though? It's not like I'm bothering him, right now at least.

Remembering that I had yet to respond, I answer his demand.

"Sorry bro!" I call out, smiling.

For a brief moment, the rain hit my exposed skin as I flipped in the air again. I winced at the icy cold, excited to get back to the Lair where I could cover myself in blankets.

"Leo!" Donnie yelled, voice seeming distant.

"Yeah?!" Leo yelled back.

"We should really get going! The storm is getting to strong, it's not safe anymore!" Donnie reasoned.

Leo hesitated before nodding, and we began to swoop to the rooftops.

A sudden burst of wind knocked me to the side, and I yelped in surprise. But when I steadied myself, my eyes widen in shock when I look ahead.

A few feet in front of me, a water tower blocks my path.

I let out a sharp scream, yanking on the wing levers. I swerved to the left, relieved when I didn't feel myself collide with the water tower.

But then, terror filled me when I realized what had been ripped during the process of trying to get out of the way.

My fake wings...

"HELP!" I yell, beginning to lurch side to side.

When I looked above and behind me, I saw the large gaps in the supposedly sturdy fabric.

"MIKEY! YELL...! CAN'T SEE...! STORM...!"

The desperate words of my brothers drifted around my head, and I couldn't make most of them out over the loud sounds around me.

The wind picked up even more, and I gasped in fear when I was violently thrown upwards.

I swirled around in place, still screaming as the turbulent winds whipped against my exhausted body.

I suddenly realized that the reason I was still in the air, was because of my ripped wings. Knowing that I had to get them off, I struggled to release the secure straps. But then...

Lightning flashed overhead.

"Oh no..."