18| Without them

8/21/18

Chapter Eighteen: Without them

I slowly turn around, raising my eye ridges at the new mutant in front of me.

He was a tall tiger mutant, and for a moment I thought it was Tiger Claw, but then I realized that this mutant looked much different.

He was carrying a large sword, and had icy blue eyes. His fur was also much lighter, and he appeared to be more on the good side by the way he held himself. He was also wearing a ragged pair of clothes, decorated with metal plates and spikes on his belt.

"How do you know my full name??" I question, tipping my head in confusion.

He reached out with a large paw, and I hesitantly exchanged a handshake with him; which was rather difficult, because of our different hand shapes.

"Glade is the son of the person who received the Prophecy of Kuda." Raibu spoke up from behind me.

The tiger mutant, Glade, nodded in confirmation.

"Which didn't present your name. But she said she heard it in the wind, just yesterday." He dipped his head, giving me a look that was...

Respectful??

"What's the prophecy of Kuda? I've never heard of that one??" Rosebud asked, sounding confused. Before I could ask the same question, my eyes widened as a voice echoed through my head.

"The flaming wings will burn the blade of darkness..."

"Yes. How did you know it?"

The sudden question cast away the blurriness in my mind, and I blinked again. Confused, I gave Raibu a questioning look.

"Huh?" I asked, tipping my head.

"You just said the prophecy. The one where you defeat the blade of the gods." The leader explained, also appearing confused.

"I said those words outloud??" I question, eyes widening. "But I thought I only heard them in my head? And also in that dream I had, in the mountains..."

"What dream?? Was it fun?" Rosebud questioned, looking curious.

Before I can explain that in it I had exploded and wiped out the entire world, Glade stepped forward.

"My mother says that the chosen one should not tell any dreams to us. That if they are special, they must be done and solved by only himself, with simply the help of others." He solemnly dipped his head, then turning back to Raibu.

"He must begin his journey, Raibu. We must lead him back to his two former companions, so that they can defeat Jai."

His words sent alarm through me, but I decided to ask about them later. Instead, me and Rosebud followed them out of the room and castle, eyeing their heads with confused looks on our faces.

* * *

I watch with curiously as two mutants pulled a black horse by it's reins, leading it to the spot where I was standing. We were at the entrance point of the cave, and Rosebud was the only creature nearby that I actually knew.

After much begging and pleading, Raibu had finally agreed that she could come with me.

At that I has felt a burst of excitement, happy that my new friend would be with me. Plus, she knew the land in this world better then I did.

"Take this." A cheetah mutant held up a large gray shell, placing it in my outstretched hands.

Confused, I gave her a questioning look. Rosebud spoke up from where a wolf mutant was helping her onto the horse, where she would be sitting in a basket behind me.

"It makes a loud type of music! They're basically in case we need help, then if someone hears them they'll come to our aid!" She called out, raising her voice to be heard from the small distance between us. A similar looking shell was put next to her.

Curious, I put the end of my shell to my mouth, blowing into the small hole.

When it made a loud noise, I let out a yelp of surprise. I dropped the shell, having to scramble to grab it before it hit the ground.

"WOAHHHH~" My jaw drops, and I stare at it in awe.

That must be the noise that I heard when on Earth! I wonder why I could hear it through realms? Maybe it's really magical or something!

The thought of Earth made me tense, and I frowned.

I'm starting to miss my wings, I haven't shifted for days. It feels like something is constantly tingling on the back of my shell, as if begging to be let out.

After we were settled and ready to go, I finally let out a sigh of relief as we left the cavern. It was an amazing and beautiful place, but never had I been in view of so many people that I didn't know.

I'm so used to hiding in the shadows, with...

With my brothers and Sensei...

A pang of homesickness flashed through me, and I tried not to let out a small whimper. It felt like ages since I had been with my family and friends, and I was starting to miss them.

And as me and Rosebud rode the horse into the sunset, crossing through meadows and trees as we searched for Usagi and Karasu...

I couldn't help but think that maybe things wouldn't go as I hoped.

Can I really do this without them...?