3| Bɭʌcĸ ʆeʌtʜeʀ

8/6/18

Here's the new chapter, next one will be out soon!

Chapter Three: Black feather!

I awoke to the sound of ringing, and had too force myself not too groan in annoyance. I instead decided to roll over, tiredly pressing my hands against my ears, but the noise continued without ceasing in volume.

"Ughhhh, just a few more minutes..." I groaned, refusing to open my eyes.

Suddenly, I realized that something was quite off about this situation.

Is that weird dream just getting to me, or does the back of my shell feel like someone stabbed it multiple times and then decided too cook a barbecue by using it as a stove top?

And at that, the mattress I was on felt very firm and rough, as if made of stone itself.

As my thoughts and senses slowly began to process more about my current situation, I also observed that I was in contact with something wet.

Oh shell, did one of my water balloons get torn open again?

Now beyond curious, I slowly opened my eyes. Everything seemed a bit blurry at first, but I very quickly realized that the dark shadows and stark surroundings clearly meant I was somewhere that was definitely different from my bedroom.

Gasping at the realization, I immediately sat up, quietly yelping in pain when I felt a burning at the back of my neck.

"What the...?" I whispered, looking around in confusion.

For some reason, I was actually sitting on a rooftop. The usually starry night sky was replaced with dark clouds, and I saw thunder flashing in the far distance, showing that a storm was about to start.

A light drizzle sprinkled onto the city around me, muting the occasional car honk or yelling. I winced, suddenly realizing just how cold it was.

Trying to stay calm like Leo said, I carefully leapt to my feet, nervously looking around too make sure no one was watching me.

"How did I get here??" I asked out loud, turning in a full circle.

Nothing seemed suspicious enough to give me a lead, and I frowned in disappointment.

"Well this can't be a dream, I just had one- oh shell..." I whispered, eyes widening with alarm. I immediately attempted to touch all over the back of my shell, anxiously feeling for anything out of the ordinary. There's nothing...

Maybe it was just a dream and Raph put me up here as a prank??

I considered the idea for a moment, but then shook my head and brushed away the possibility. Even Raph knows that putting someone who is unconscious, defenseless, and cold blooded in the freezing rain is NOT a good idea...

Suddenly, I realized that the ringing that awoke me had finally stopped. When I silently pulled out my T-phone and looked at the screen, my eyes widened in despair.

CaptainLeo: 57 missed calls, 42 texts

DonDinDinDon: 13 missed calls, 9 texts

Raphieeeee: 7 missed calls, 14 texts

Still in shock at the big numbers, I hesitantly clicked on Leo's calling icon. He immediately picked up, and I winced when I heard him gasp.

Oh no, brace yourself people-

"MIKEY! WHERE ARE YOU?! ARE YOU OKAY?! DID SOMETHING HAPPEN DID THE KRAANG CAPTURE YOU ARE YOU INJURED DID SOMEONE TRY TO KILL YOU OR WAIT NO ARE YOU LAYING IN AN ALLEY BLEEDING OR SOMETHING?! SHELL, DID SUPER SHREDDER COME BACK TO LIFE AGAIN?! OH MY GOD IT IS RAINING ARE YOU FREEZING TO DEATH I WILL BE RIGHT THERE PLEASE DON'T DIE-"

"WILL YOU SHUT THE SHELL UP?" Raph's voice now blared through the phone, even louder than Leo's anxious questions.

I leaned further away from the screen, wondering just what they would say next.

"Mikey, get the heck back here right now! Are you crazy?! Wait, no, let me rephrase that; YOU ARE CRAZY! You were supposed to meet us over two hours ago, and you turned off your tracker!" Raph growled through the phone.

I rolled my eyes, smiling despite being drenched by rain. A dude needs his alone time sometimes bro.

"I-I'm sorry guys, I'll be r-right there!" My voice made me realize that my teeth were chattering, and I winced yet again.

"RAPH GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE- MIKEY ARE YOU SICK-"

"Fearless, he's fine! He's coming back, calm the shell down! Damn, go drink some tea or something." Raph angrily interrupted him, quickly followed by the sound of skin harshly slamming against something.

I tipped my head as I listened, but only a few crashes later, the line suddenly went silent.

"Uhhhh, hello?? Leo? Raph?" I questioned, pulling the phone away from my face. Well that's weird-?

I look down only to see that the screen is completely black, except for small white letters saying 'no battery' and a tiny sad face. Shrugging it off, I put my T-phone back in my belt pocket.

"Oh well~" I smiled, but it quickly turned into a frown as I began thinking again.

Nothing has added up to why I am up here... I'm pretty sure I wouldn't just faint for no reason, and I don't remember feeling tired enough to fall asleep on the spot.

Wait... Didn't Raph say...?

"You were supposed to meet us over two hours ago!"

Why though?? Doesn't that mean I was out here for a reason, and they know? I should have asked, because that means something must have happened before I had that... Dream...

Just as I was about to jump down the fire escape, something laying on the rooftop caught my eye. Before I could lean down to pick it up, I slipped on a small puddle, clumsily falling to the ground.

Groaning in pain, I slowly raised my hand upwards, confused as to why the water felt so sticky. I gasped when I saw my hand was not covered in clear rain water, but instead red.

It was blood.

"Woahhhhhh...." I whispered, eyes brightening with excitement.

I looked back down at the object in front of me, not being able to stop a grin from forming on my face. I quickly picked it up, letting out a small laugh of joy.

A TWELVE INCH TALL BLACK FEATHER.

Shaking in uncontrollable happiness, I immediately stood back up, quickly jumping down the fire escape and bouncing towards the nearest manhole cover.

"THIS, IS, AWESOME!~"