7| His name is Karasu

8/12/18

Here's the new chapter, I hope you guys enjoy reading it! Also, I started writing a new TMNT fanfiction called "The Last Days." Please check it out if you want to!

Chapter Seven: His name is Karasu

"Seriously? I try to finally get some more sleep, and when I do, I come to this dream again." I grumble, tightly closing my eyes. But I sadly didn't wake back up.

When reality gets crazy, your dreams get crazier.

After the Dojo incident, I was able to convince Leo to let me skip the rest of training so I could sleep. In truth, I had actually been tired, but mainly wanted to leave so that I could see what would happen in my dreams and possibly even learn more about my healing.

I'm now laying on a makeshift cot, which is in a small hut. No one is in sight, but that doesn't make me any more relaxed.

I absentmindedly rub the spot on my head where I had been hit before, knowing that the wound and bruise would no longer be there.

Why does this dream feel so real, and why do I keep coming here...?

I heard someone enter the room, and immediately jumped off of the straw cot. I whirled around, surprised to see no one there. Confused, I shake my head in disbelief.

I swear I heard someone...

"I'm down here." Someone growled, venom in his voice.

Surprised, I looked down at the door entrance. A three foot tall mutant stood before me, unlike any I had ever seen before.

He looked more human like, but had no nose and whiskers on his cheeks. His large eyes were a dark green color, standing out against his pale skin. He had long, ruffled brown hair with orange and red highlights.

His partly revealed ears were bright orange and more cat like, and I noticed that he also had a long orange tail with black stripes. I guessed he was about nine years old.

Is he some sort of... Tiger mutant?

He was barefoot, and was wearing a black uniform with long sleeves and sweatpants. A golden symbol was sewed into the cloth over his chest, and it took me a moment to realize it was a image of a bird.

"Didn't your mother teach you it's not polite to stare?" The boy spat.

I winced, but decided not to tell him that I had no mother. This was a dream, anyways; it wouldn't matter to him. Instead, I laughed nervously, awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck.

"Ummm, sorry-"

"Whatever." He interrupted, rolling his eyes.

"Usagi said you were good, and that I must trust you. Why should I? Are you actually one of those turtles that helped him once, or are you a fake?" He demanded, crossing his arms as he glared at me.

The abrupt question caught me off guard, and I tipped my head with confusion.

Oh yeah, Usagi is in this dream to... I remember him yelling my name before the wolf mutant knocked me out.

"HELLO? ARE YOU-" The boys angry words were cut off.

"Karasu! What do you think you are doing?" The familiar voice made my eyes widen, and I saw Usagi step into the hut. The boy immediately bowed, ears flattening against his head.

"I'm sorry, Usagi-"

"Apologize not to me, child." Usagi interrupted, motioning towards me.

His eyes met mine, and he nodded. I just stared in disbelief. He looks so real... Suddenly, the boy turned to me. There was a frown on his face, and he clenched his jaw.

"I'm sorry." He muttered, staring stubbornly at the ground.

"U-Usagi??" I question, ignoring the boy, who snorted in distaste.

Usagi patted the child's shoulder, before looking back to me.

"Yes. I apologize for your rather rude greeting to our village," He started, a grim look on his face. "I suppose you wonder why you are here, in this realm again."

Even more confused, I stared at him as if he were insane.

"What are you talking about? I'm dreaming?" I protested, voice filled with uncertainty.

"Ha! You actually believe that? Foolish-" The boy cut himself off again, wincing under Usagi's glare.

Usagi then turned back to me, tipping his head.

"Have you not realized, Michelangelo? This is very much real." He began, staring into my eyes before turning back to the boy. "And as for you, Karasu..." He trailed off, causing the small mutant to perk up.

"Hm?" He hummed, a curious look on his face.

"You may like to know that this is the one you summoned... To help defeat Jai."

"WHAT?!"

________________________________________

Karasu is my OC that I created along with any random 'mutants'. I hope you guys liked this chapter, the next one will be out soon!