16| Haven of The Braves

I will start writing that book sometime this week, soon after I finish "The Last Days"! ^

8/19/18

Here's the new chapter, I hope you all enjoy reading it! You guys will get to meet a few new characters/OC's in this chapter, but the next one will explain more about whats happening.

Chapter Sixteen: Haven of The Braves

"Ughhhh..." I groan, a dull headache making my head throb.

"I feel like I've spent the past three days eating multiple chocolate-jellybean-sprinkles-sardine-anchovies-pizza-extreme's..." I mutter, rubbing my forehead.

I slowly open my eyes, surprised to find myself on my bed in the Lair.

Oh shell! I don't want to be here, not now!

I literally just fell from the sky in the other realm. I don't have time to deal with everyone here, I need to get back and make sure I'm alive there!

I quickly close my eyes, shuffling further under the covers so that the blanket covered my face. The light seemed to dim, and I let out a quiet sigh of content.

My breathing soon slowed, and I fell asleep...

* * *

*in Usagi's realm*

"Is it awake?"

The childish voice drifted into my mind, and I could barely process the words. But confusion still filled my thoughts, and I continued to distantly listen.

"Obviously not, Stripe. It's eyes are still closed." A matter-of-fact voice reasoned.

"But didn't Rosebud say that you can still have your eyes closed when you're awake? See, like this!"

There was a slight pause after that, as if the person was demonstrating their theory.

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh, as I began to process what was going on. Three gasps immediately sounded from next to me, and I slowly opened my eyes.

I was surprised to find myself laying on a comfy cot, in a small hut decorated with herbs and candles.

Well this situation seems slightly familiar.

"It's awake!" The first voice squeaked, and I turned to look towards it.

I smiled when I saw three small possum mutants, each about a foot tall. They were all wearing weird looking robes, and each had bright brown eyes.

"IT'S GONNA EAT US!" A smaller one wailed, stumbling backwards and nearly tripping over his tail.

Eyes widening with alarm, I frantically shook my head. I immediately regretted it when my head began to pound, and I hissed in pain and pressed my hand against it.

It must be an after effect of the fall... I guess even though someone must have caught me, I was still injured a little.

Before I could tell the mutants that I wouldn't harm them, a animal darted into the hut.

She looked similar to a tiger, but with dark raspberry colored fur. Her eyes were a icy blue color, and splotches of white splashed across her chest and ears.

"What is going on in here?!" She demanded, looking startled and confused.

The three possum mutants rushed over to her, hiding between her legs. She lifted a forepaw, looking down at them with surprise.

"I'm the good guy, I promise!" I quickly reassure, trying to look as non-scary as possible. "I would never even think about eating them!"

The tiger looked up at me, and then gave a small laugh.

"Stripe, Antler, Freckle... If you three were really that scared of him, why would you come visit?" She purred, ears pricked as she curiously awaited their answer.

The three of them let out small squeaks, ducking their heads.

"I don't know! But are you sure it's- he's not gonna eat us?? I don't wanna die!" The smallest one whimpered, pressing his forehead into her fur.

"Nah, he won't bite. Now do us all a favor and tell your papa no more telling you three scary stories!" She laughed again, flicking her ears.

Stripe, Antler, and Freckle nodded. Before I could even say anything, they ran out of the hut.

"Hello! I'm Rose, but I prefer being called Rosebud!" The pretty tiger happily greeted, turning to me and waving her tail.

"Hey there, thanks for explaining that I wouldn't eat them! My names Michelangelo by the way, but I go by Mikey." I grinned, nodding to her.

She took another step forward, still smiling.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Mikey. That's a strange name you have, though... Is it okay if I call you Orange?" She questioned, pricking her ears again.

"Sure!" I answer, laughing.

"Great!" She purred, eyes lighting up. "Oh! I'm sure you're wondering why you're here, I'll take you to go see the people that lead this tribe! Hurry up, they're not busy right now but will be soon when our patrollers gets back!"

She darted out of the hut, and I quickly leapt to my feet. I stumbled after her, trying to ignore the pain in my head.

When I walked outside, I immediately gasped, jaw dropping in shock.

We were halfway into a ginormous cave, a large lake in the middle and waterfalls trickling down the cavern walls. Mossy rocks covered the ground, and a gentle spray of water splashed against our faces.

A large ancient kingdom surrounded us, and I saw mutants running around the village, young and old laughing and talking together.

I looked around in surprise, eyes widening in awe.

Rosebud turned back to me, a large smile on her face. She happily waved her tail, motioning to the beautiful place around us.

"Welcome to Hinasho, the haven of The Braves!"