"You're right. I wanna change but-"

"And you can. It's never too late to turn around and look for someone again."

She nodded her head. "I think I have someone in mind."

I smiled. "That's great. Now just keep pushing for them and don't give up."

"I won't."

Joi and Ty came running over 2 minutes later with a whole bunch of rocks in their hands. They handed them to Shawn and he chuckled.

"What's all of this?"

"They're rocks!" Joi shouted.

"Yeah! me and Joi got them from over there." Ty said.

"Wassup man? you haven't talked to me since you got here!" Shawn said to Ty.

I chuckled. "Hi Shawn."

He smiled and Joi tugged on Crystal's pants. She smiled as she looked down at her.

"What's wrong hun?"

"Can we get ice cream?" Joi whispered in her ear.

I giggled. "You have to ask your father."

"Daddy.. can we please get ice cream?"

"Yeah, please!" Ty asked.

"Alright, alright.. let's go." Shawn said as he stood up. "You wanna drive your car and I'll meet you there?" Shawn asked Crystal.

"Oh.. we walked here. We live literally 5 minutes away." She said.

"Okay, that's no problem. Let's go."

***

"Hello.. welcome to Mr. Wizard's Ice Cream Shop. What would you like?" The man asked.

"I want strawberry with rainbow sprinkles." Joi said.

"I want chocolate with gummy bears." Ty said.

"I'll have oreo with whipped cream." Crystal said.

"I'll have butter pecan." Shawn said.

The guy nodded his head. "That's be $10.62 please."

Shawn took out his wallet and gave the man the money. They ate it, and then got back into the car and drove off to Crystals house. They pulled in the driveway and she smiled at him.

"Thank you for today. We enjoyed ourselves. Oh and I'll pay you back the $10 now."

"It's fine.. don't worry about it."

"Are you sure? I could-"

"It's just $10 .. I'll live." He said as he smiled.

Shawn smiled back and she blushed.

"I think they like each other." Ty whispered to Joi.

"Ewww." She whispered back. He chuckled as Shawn and Crystal both turned around to face them.

"What so funny back there?" Shawn asked.

"Oh nothing." Ty said. Joi giggled.

I laughed. "You ready Ty?" Crystal asked.

"Yes mommy. I'm ready."

"I'll walk y'all to the door." Shawn said as he got out.

"Bye Joi. See you later." Crystal said.

"Bye."

"Bye Joi." Ty said as he kissed Joi's cheek.

I blushed. "Bye Tyler."

They walked to the door and Crystal unlocked it. Tyler hugged Shawn before disappearing into the house. Crystal blushed as he looked at her.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing.. you're just so beautiful."

"Thank you. You're very handsome yourself."

"Do you mind.. if I have your number? so me, you and the kids could hang out more?"

"Sure." Crystal said as Shawn pulled out his phone. "It's (917)-334-5076."

"Cool." Shawn said as he bent down and kissed her cheek. "I'll see you later?"

I smiled. "Yeah."

Shawn smiled back as he walked away. When he was about to open his car door, he looked back and didn't see Crystal anymore. He got in and drove off. They arrived home 10 minutes later. He got Joi out of her booster seat, and picked her up as they walked towards the door.

"Daddy?"

"Yes princess?"

"Do you like Crystal?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you like her?"

"As a girlfriend?"

"No. As a mommy."

"She can't be my mom. We're around the same age."

I giggled. "No daddy. I mean do you like her as a mommy for me?"

"Oh Joi.. I don't know. We just started being friends. Let's take things slow okay?"

"Yes sir. I'm just asking." She said as he poked his neck.

He chuckled as he put the key into the door and unlocked it. He opened it and walked in. There was a mysterious noise from the kitchen.. but they ignored it. They heard it again and Joi gasped as she looked at her dad.

"What was-" She began to say.

"Shhh." Shawn said as he covered her mouth and put her down. "Stay here." He whispered as he slowly and quietly walked into the kitchen. He looked around the corner and saw someone in the refrigerator.

"Hey!" He shouted as he went to grab something.

The person turned around as they waved, smiling with food in the mouth. Shawn twisted his eye brows and bent his neck to the side.

"It can't be." He whispered as he shook his head in disbelief.

Joi ran next him and her eyes widened as her jaw dropped. She couldn't believe who she saw standing in her kitchen.

Tbc✨💭...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE:

comment, vote, subscribe 😘