book ; yugyeom

A/N: Last post before hiatus I'm actually really nervous for my Trials, I'll be back soon (hopefully) once they're over, and it was actually kind of fun to learn where you guys are from based on my previous post! Here comes the question, asked by one of you guys in the last post: 

Q: How old are you?

A: I'm turning 16 in October heh :)

P.S: if you guys know the quote that I mention below, we can be best friends asdfghjkl

...............................................................................................................................................................

Requested by: Kluni8

Dragging your bag, you rubbed your tired eyes as you glared at your boyfriend who smiled sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously, trying his best not to smile.

Infuriated, you whacked him with your passport as he winced playfully. 'What was that for?" he pouted, turning to you, as you tugged your luggage behind you, scowling as he tried to catch up to your furious footsteps. Unfortunately, his long model-like legs, wasted no time in catching up with you.

'That was for making me panic when you came up to me and said "OH MY GOD (Y/N), I THINK I LOST MY PASSPORT" you imitated in Yugyeom's slightly nasally voice.

'I honestly thought that I lost it,' he pouted, trying to placate you by holding on to your arm, while tugging on it like a child trying to persuade his mom to buy him a toy or a sweet. 'It's not my fault that Bam Bam hid it in his backpack,' he complained, just as the platinum-blonde haired youth materialized as if by magic beside his best friend, his gold chain, hanging lightly against his chest.

'And it's not my fault that you're not responsible enough to take care of your own belongings,' Bam Bam corrected as he ruffled your hair, which didn't help to improve your mood, as he slid on his pair of pristine white Beats headphones.

'I'm not done with you either young man,' you called out to Bam Bam's retreating back as all he did was flash you a thumbs-up in the air, his head bopping to whatever music he was listening to.

'Come on, we're going to miss our flight,' JB said sharply, as he and Mark both walked forward leaving you and Yugyeom behind to catch up.

Airplane

'Yo Jacks, can I switch with you?" you asked, leaning across the aisle to the middle seats where your boyfriend was sandwiched in between the oldest member and Jackson.

'Who are you sitting with?" he asked, hesitant, eyeing the person behind you to see if he had distinct, glow in the dark, white hair.

'Jinyoung,'

You tried your best not to make a face. Jinyoung was a great friend but you would much prefer to sit next to your boyfriend for a 10 hour flight.

You had never seen Jackson leap up so fast in his life and you tried to stifle your giggles as both of you switched seats.

Passengers please turn off all of your mobile devices, we are about to take off, thank you.

The voice of the head stewardess announced as you quickly turned off your phone, slipping it into your clutch as you settled in next to Yugyeom and Mark who already looked like he was in dreamland, his head leaning to one side, his lilac hair falling into his face, as he snored.

You pulled on your seatbelt, fastening it around you and were about to go through the small screen installed in front of you when you heard a soft chorus of 'ooos' erupt from the boys which had caused Mark to wake up, grumbling.

Turning around, it was either Jinyoung had finally decided to change his hair color and revealed it after hiding it behind a cap or something equally as shocking had happened. You glanced left and your own jaw fell open when you saw your boyfriend clutching an honest to goodness, paper-backed BOOK.

You faintly heard Bam say: 'Oh My God I need to record this,' as he blatantly disregarded the rules and switched his phone back on, taking several snapshots of Yugyeom was beginning to turn red under his dark mop of hair.

'Kim Yugyeom, are you actually holding a BOOK?" you shrieked, loud enough to nearly wake half the passengers up.

'Our youngest has finally grown up,' Jinyoung shed pretend tears as his eyes crinkled into his signature eye smile.

'I'm proud of you son,' JB patted on his shoulder in the most solemn voice, but you could tell that he was trying his best not to mock his youngest member.

'Okay all passengers please return to your seats,' the head stewardess glared at your group which made all of you shrink back into your seats which Yugs was particularly grateful for.

Mark had decided that Yugyeom reading was nothing life-changing and had gone back to sleep leaving both of you to have some much needed privacy.

'What are you reading?" as an admittedly avid bookworm you were curious, checking out the cover of the book, and smiled when you saw the familiar title.

'Isn't this mine?' you asked suspiciously, as he traced circles on the back of the book with his little finger.

'Yeah, I mean you did mention you liked it a lot and well, you like reading a lot in general I thought maybe I would just... try it out,' he shrugged, reopening 'The Fault In Our Stars'

'Which part are you at?" you sighed, snuggling closer to him, leaning your head against his shoulder, as you peeked at the words.

'Do you want me to read it to you?' he asked, smiling softly when he saw where you were, not missing the opportunity to peck you once on the forehead, making you grin.

'Sure, why not, but I might never be able to get any sleep with your voice in my ear all the time,' you teased, winking.

'You'll be sleeping like a baby in no time (Y/N),' he assured, continuing the playful banter before clearing his throat softly and began reading.

Yugyeom's POV

I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void and that oblivion is inevitable and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labour has been returned to dust, and I know the Sun will swallow the only Earth we'll ever have, and-

He paused for a while when he realised that her breathing had slowly become shallower and she wasn't squirming around like she always did. Turning slowly to face her, he saw her fast asleep, her eyelids fluttering breath coming out in small huffs as he slept.

Shaking his head, he brushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear as he returned to the book, the comforting weight of her and the riveting plot of the story kept him awake.

Slowly, he whispered in her ear, before he resumed his silent reading:

And... I'm in love with you