slang ; youngjae

youngjae as boyfriend

........................................................................................................................................................

Ink flows like a river out of your blue pen as you write down the last few words of your essay. Chewing absentmindedly on your pen cap, a bad habit you often did when you were concentrating you racked your brain for the perfect ending sentence, but your mind came up blank. Flicking through your open textbook, hoping for some form of inspiration you skim the last few sentences of the model answer it provided. It was good, but you knew you could do better than that.

Deep in your reading, you were surprised when someone came behind you and grabbed your shoulder suddenly, causing you to jump.

'Aish (blurts out some slang from your native country/district)' you nearly scream turning around frantically, your pen and paper flying because you were so panicked.

Hearing a chuckle, you looked up to see your boyfriend Youngjae looking down at you laughing softly but at the same time there was a flash of confusion on his face.

Your surprise turned to joy as you threw your arms around him, face snuggling into his thick sweater. Kissing him on the cheek you ask excitedly: 'I thought you weren't back for another two hours?'

'Umm, jagi, it HAS been two hours,' he pointed out, looking at the kitchen clock above the table.

'What really?' you ask as realization sets in. He was right. It WAS already 2 in the morning.

'Have you been up all night studying for that test you have?' he asked, curious looking at your messy, scattered notes and the cup of cold coffee you had made to keep you up.

'Um yeah I guess,' you admit, not feeling the time pass, so anxious about passing the upcoming exam you had.

'Another thing,' he asked, almost hesitant as if he was afraid to ask.

'Yeah?' you respond, busy collecting your notes, not really paying much attention to him.

'What did you say just now?' he asked, his voice clearly trying to stifle a laugh.

'What do you mean?' you ask, answering his question with another question.

'When I surprised you, you jumped and blurted out something,' he said, triggering your memory.

'Oh no,' you groan, putting your head in your hands. 'Please don't tell me you heard that,' you say desperately.

'Why? Was it a swear word, because you know how I feel about you swearing and-,' he started off in a stern voice but you interjected him before things went too far.

'No no, it's not that,' you deny vehemently. 'It's just something embarrassing,' you say, cheeks already turning red.

'Aww come on you can tell me, I won't laugh,' he reassured you.

'It's nothing really, I just accidentally blurted out some dialect/slang from (Y/C), it's really humiliating, it just comes out when I'm surprised or when I'm nervous,' you admit, eyes focused on the floor.

'Really?' he asked, his face lighting up. 'Can you teach me?' he asked, looking like an excited puppy.

'No way Youngjae, it's so embarrassing,' you said laughing.

'But I think it's cute,' he pouted, putting his arms around you and resting his head on your shoulder. 'Please please please (Y/N)' he pleaded like a little child.

Laughing at his childish, endearing attitude, you gave in. 'Fine but only if YOU teach me your dialect,' you said offering a trade.

'Perfect,' he said, and you could see his face light up, the way he always did. 'It'll be our little secret language,' he whispered, smirking, burying his face in the crook of your neck.