injuries ; youngjae

Requested by: Summery-Days

............................................................................................................................................................

You stretched your muscles, body automatically, following the warm ups you always did. It was wonderful, the feeling of muscle stretching against bone, warm and limber as you finished up your routine. Your best friend smacked you lightly against the head and grinned.

'Youngjae's looking at you again,' Jackson teased in a sing-song voice as you flushed slightly.

'Shut up Jackson,' you hissed, pushing him playfully in the chest as he chuckled, ruffling your hair which had been tied in a ponytail.

'How many times have I said this? You like him, he likes you can you both just get together already?" he groaned almost in despair as you rolled your eyes in disbelief.

'Mr Wang, since you seem to be very opinionated, then you wouldn't mine to be captain of the team for today?" Coach Kim asked as he glowered at your best friend under the rim of his ridiculously old and worn school cap.

'Sure Coach,' Jackson grinned, nonchalant as he bounded up to the front of the gym, his expression turning serious as he contemplated who to pick.

'Mark,' Coach barked gesturing to the front, clearly an order. 'You're captain too,'

Shuffling forward, his eyes bright and intelligent as he surveyed the rest of his classmates, already forming an ideal team in his head.

'I call dibs on JB,' Jackson said, and the broad-shouldered boy, shrugged taking his place in Jackson's team.

'Well, I get Jinyoung,' Mark said.

'Yugyeom,'

'Bam Bam,'

'(Y/N),' Jackson dropped a wink at you and you hi-fived him as you joined his team.

'Youngjae,' Mark chose the last member and you eyed Youngjae secretly as he stood by Mark's side.

Probably not secretly enough because Jackson leaned in and whispered. 'Get your head in the game I don't want to lose because you're moony-eyed over Youngjae,' he teased as you whacked him in the shoulder, snatching the basketball from him, dribbling to the centre of the court where you faced off with Bam Bam to start off the game.

And after the shrill whistle from Coach, you forgot everything except the basketball you were dribbling in your hands, you passed to Jackson as he ran furiously, passing to Yugyeom who used his height to his advantage and scored a three-pointer much to your team's joy.

This was why you loved the sport, the feeling of your legs running against the hardwood floor, the alertness of your surroundings as you waited for an opening in your team, the harsh pull of breath into your lungs as you ran before managing to score again for your team.

'Come on Mark, play properly,' Jackson joked as Mark narrowed his eyes and burst into motion. He zig-zagged around Yugyeom and passed the ball to Jinyoung who ducked around you and tossed it to Youngjae who scored a 2-pointer.

This continued for the next 25 minutes with Mark's team, motivated to protect their ego, scored twice.

'Don't taunt him,' you groaned, as the other team upped the ante, both teams were neck and neck and there were only 10 minutes left on the digital timer.

'Just get the ball,' Jackson ordered as the last round began.

Rolling your eyes at your useless teammate, you threw yourself into the thick of things, swerving through the opposing team and snatched the ball from Mark who was quite shocked as you flew by him, a human shaped blur as you made your way to the end of the court.