A Mini Series ; mark

mark as best friend

.............................................................................................................................................................

Struggling slightly with your short legs to keep up with Mark's skateboard although he was going very slowly. Travelling in comfortable silence, he gazed at the sky passively, his hair still a mess after you had to literally drag him out of his afternoon nap to join you in the park.

Heading to your favorite spot, you hesitated a bit as you saw one of the most popular guys from school, Im Jae Bum surprisingly alone not accompanied by his usual gang of guys and secret admirers. Raising an eyebrow at Mark he shrugged and continued to your usual spot, casually taking out his phone, texting, while you sat uncomfortably on the park bench wishing you had not decided to come out.

Watching him casually shoot a few hopes, it was like he could feel his eyes on you because he turned to you and shot you a grin as you he made eye contact with you. Dribbling the basketball with one hand, he approached you with the smirk of a guy that often got his way.

'Hey,' he said. 'Are you here alone? I'm bored. You wanna play a game of basketball?' his tone clearly trying to hit on you.

His words barely registered your mind, as you shot a pleading glance in Mark's direction, hoping desperately he was getting the telepathic message you were screaming at him: GET ME OUT OF HERE. But as usual he was as oblivious as ever, sitting on his skateboard texting someone.

Sighing inwardly you were forced to turn your attention back to Jaebum who was still waiting for your reply. 'Are you shy?' he asked, unperturbed by your silence. 'A- don't be like that,' he grinned, and you could nearly SEE the self-confidence pouring off of him.

As your mind raced, wondering what the hell to say, you didn't notice that Mark had gotten up and got between you and Jaebum giving him a firm glare as he took your hand. 'Come on,' he growled under his breath, dragging you protectively away from Jaebum.