asthma ; yugyeom

(A/N: Requests are currently pending because I have about 2 to 3 more chapters to finish for revenge; mt and then I'll continue all the requests from you guys, so here's a fic that I wrote a really really long time ago and finally has the chance to see the light of day lol jk. Side note: THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR 400K, I'm preparing something for if I reach 500K and I hope you guys enjoy it)

yugyeom as boyfriend

..............................................................................................................................................................

You grinned lazily watching Yugyeom casually chase your pet dog, around the field. It was a perfect spring day, the sun was high in the air but not scorching hot, it was just warm enough for you to lay comfortably in the grass.

You were so preoccupied with your thoughts that you didn't see the white ball of fluff barrel straight into you, followed by the shouts of your boyfriend who had, panting, managed to catch up, before collapsing, exhausted next to you in the grass.

'She's fast,' he gasped, sucking in lungfuls of the warm humid air.

You laughed as the white Pomerian leaped into your lap, tail wagging, evidently still full of energy even after having led your boyfriend on a wild dog chase through the park. Kissing its fur, you rubbed its belly fondly and giggled as it licked your face enthusiastically.

'You should know better than to race with her, shes an absolute speed demon,' you said laughing, getting up and brushing the grass of your jeans. 'It's my turn to play with her, you should rest,' you laughed looking at his incapacitated body as he still tried to catch his breath.

'Come on, Snowflake!' you called to the dog who leapt to her paws and bounded along enthusiastically as you waved her favourite toy in the air causing her to bark madly, weaving around your legs, dark brown eyes fixated on the toy.

You lead her to the other edge of the park where Yugyeom could barely see you, hidden among the bushes and the trees. 'Stay safe!' he called out, but you only faintly heard him.

The dog yipped and clawed at your jeans desperate for the toy, as you waved it tantalizingly in front of her, but just always out of reach.

Maybe you weren't looking where you were going, but your sandaled feet tripped against a branch and you went down, fortunately landing on a bed of grass, stirring a cloud of pollen into the air. Gasping, you were fine, your leg wasn't even sprained but you knew as soon as you breathed in the yellow cloud of pollen you were in trouble.

As expected your lungs suddenly felt like they were encased in cement, no matter how much air you breathed, it felt like there was an invisible belt squeezing your lungs making it near impossible to take a proper breath. Gasping, you could barely stand up, black spots dancing in your vision, making you even more disoriented. The more air you tried to breathe, the more pollen you inhaled the sickly yellow powder settling in your lungs, like a stifling blanket.

Inhaler you thought to yourself, but you could barely stand, much less walk. You cursed yourself for your carelessness, you KNEW it was spring, a season where you often had to be the most careful, the season where you got attacks the most often.

It felt like hot spikes were being driven into your lungs as they screamed out for the oxygen you couldn't provide. You collapsed, hacking and coughing, as if the action could expel the pollen in your lungs. You had never had an attack this bad before, usually even without your inhaler you could just calm down, and suck in a few deep breaths and things would be fine.

You could barely register your dog running around you, yipping and licking at your face as it wondered why you had collapsed. Pawing at your face, it scratched at your arm, trying to wake you up. The last thing you saw was her bounding off in the opposite direction to God knows where, before you blacked out.

Yugyeom's POV

I laid down in the sweet-smelling grass, mind completely at ease as I stared up at the sky. It was one of those rare perfect days I got to spend with (Y/N), it was amazing to be able to take a day off and just be together.

Caught up in my own thoughts, I faintly registered the fact that, Snowflake was running towards me, and grabbing at my jeans pulling anxiously.

'Hey, girl,' I said fondly, ruffling her head. I scanned the area for (Y/N) but she wasn't here yet, which didn't really bother, she tended to take long walks in the park, just enjoying the nature.

I patted Snowflake's head but she STILL insisted on biting and pulling on my jeans, yanking me somewhere.

'Woah woah there girl,' I chuckled. 'I'm too tired to play with you, you ran me ragged just now,' I said, patting her head again, hoping that would pacify her and persuade her from turning my jeans into her newest chew toy.

She barked at me, and her little doggy eyes looked exasperated. If she had a voice, I had a feeling she had something important to say. Barking she ran off a few meters before stopping and looking behind as if waiting for me to follow.

Sighing, I decided I had better follow the dog or else she would NEVER stop harassing me. I stood up, brushing some grass of my jeans, and followed her my long stride easily catching up with her doggy run.

Finally after following her for about a minute or so, we reached a small clearing where I heard a horrible, hacking coughing sound. My heart sank as I heard the sound as I got closer to the noise, I could clearly see (Y/N) gasping for breath, her eyes darting back and forth panicked.

Oh God I thought, fumbling in the pocket of my jeans, hands trembling as I took out an extra inhaler I always brought around when I was with her. Kneeling next to her, I attempted to steady her body as she thrashed around wildly, expression one of pure agony. As soon as she saw me she seemed to relax a bit but the panicked expression did not leave her eyes.

Your POV

Oxygen, glorious oxygen seemed to pour into your lungs as soon as you used your inhaler. You puffed three times, exceeding your normal amount recommended but this was an emergency. The tight belt around your lungs seemed to loosen a bit allowing you to breathe a bit more freely but it was still painful.

'It's the pollen,' you choked, staggering up, trying to get as far away as possible.

Steady, warm hands reached out to grab you, and you were grateful, leaning most of your weight on your boyfriend. He guided you most of the way back, Snowflake in tow, unusually quiet.

Soon enough the air was clear again, and you could breathe normally and this time it felt more like you were being punched in the lungs rather than stabbed with hot knives, so, a definite improvement.

'God, (Y/N),' you boyfriend said, still worried as he refused to let go of you. 'What happened?' he asked.

'I was playing with Snowflake and then I tripped, I was stupid, I forgot it was spring, I should have brought my inhaler with me. I stirred up a huge cloud of pollen and well, you know the rest,' you trailed off.

'Next time, I'm following you around no matter how tired I am,' he growled more to himself than you. 'I should have made sure you had your inhaler with you or something, God (Y/N) you could have died and-,' he said angrily.

You cut off his self- hate parade with a kiss on the lips which made you even more light-headed than you already were. 'Shut up, it wasn't your fault okay? I should have been more careful, and you already saved my life so you have nothing to beat yourself up,' you said sternly, looking into his eyes.

'But,' he spluttered.

'But nothing,' you cut him off, kissing him again, this time longer hoping he would be more sufficiently distracted. Unfortunately it lasted no more than a few seconds, before you had to come back up for air.

'Stupid lungs, not even letting me kiss my boyfriend properly,' you growled.

Shaking his head he said 'You just went through a near death experience and that's what you have to say?'

'Of course,' you scoffed, some of your old humour kicking back in as each breath slowly became easier. 'If a girl's gonna die at least she should die knowing she had a good last kiss,' you said, punching your boyfriend on the arm as he laughed, taking you in his arms again.