Can't get you out of my head

Start from the beginning

"So he waits for me to get in the house safely. He's so sweet." I say out loud with a smile.

I walk into the kitchen and start to make dinner as I'm cooking I find myself wishing that Natsu was with me. I'd rather eat with someone than eat alone. I think I'll invite him for dinner. It will be a great way to get to know him.

I decide to text him and ask if he would like to join me.

Hey Natsu.

Hey Y/N. What's up

I was wondering if you'd like to join me for dinner? I'm still cooking so if your free you can come over.

Oh. Umm. Sure. I'll be there soon.

Ok. I'll leave the door unlocked so just come on in!

Ok.

I can't believe he's coming over for dinner! I hope he likes it. What if he doesn't? Well if he doesn't then I'll make note of what he does and doesn't like for the future.

I hear the door open and peak to see Natsu come walking in slowly. He looks scared. Why?

"Hi Natsu!" I greet him happily and he flinches. "You ok?" I ask worriedly

"Y-yeah. I'm ok."He says quietly

"Ok....you sound different. Why?"

"I-I do?" He asks

"Yeah. Your voice earlier was deep and smooth and now your voice is soft and uneasy."

"O-oh. S-Sorry" he apologizes

"Don't be. It's ok. Actually it's cute." I say with a smile. "Now come sit down. I just finished cooking so I'll serve dinner in a minute."

He nods and walks to the table. I get two plates and fill them with food. I made steak and mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. The steak isn't the fancy steak but it works. I place the food in front of him and notice he still looks nervous.

"It's ok Natsu. You don't need to be nervous about anything." I say softly and reassuringly. He smiles softly at me and starts eating. He hardly talks but I enjoy his company nonetheless.

"So Natsu. Tell me about your car. How long have you had it for?" I ask trying to make conversation about something he might want to talk about.

He looks at me and smiles. Yes!

"I've had it for a few years now. I love my car. It's my pride and joy. That's why I got a job with Zoomer giving people rides because then I can be in my car more often."

His confidence is back. I like that he's starting to relax.

"Ok. How about the flame designs you sport. I like it but I wonder if it has a special meaning to you?" I ask and look into his eyes

"Not really. I-I just really like the design and how it l-looks."

"Oh ok. That's cool." I smile and still look into his eyes. He realizes suddenly that we are staring at each other and blushes and looks away. I smile at his shyness and gently touch his hand. He flinched but looked up at me.

"Natsu. It's ok. I won't hurt you. I promise. You don't need to be so shy." I tell him reassuringly.

"I-I'm sorry. It's just h-how I am. I'm cool and confident in my car b-but when I'm not in my car I'm shy and timid. I'll understand if you don't l-like me anymore." He says sadly and looks away.

"Natsu. That doesn't change anything. Sure I like your confident side but I also like your shy side. I actually find it cute." I tell him and gently rub my thumb on his hand. He blushes and looks at me again.

"Y-you do?"

"Yes I do." I smile reassuringly and he smiles back shyly. "Your so cute." I say softly and he blushes which caused me to giggle.

I get up from the table and take the plates to the sink. I put away any leftovers and start washing the dishes. I humm to myself and suddenly notice Natsu standing next to me.

"I-I Want t-to help." He stutters.

"Thanks. You can dry them and put them away." I say with a smile and he smiles back. "You know I'm proud of you Natsu. Considering how shy you are, yet you came up and offered to help." I look at him and smile "your stronger and braver than you think."

He looks at me surprised then smiles and goes back to drying the dishes. Once we are done I lead him over to the living room.

"Want to sit and talk or do you have to go?"

"I-I can stay and t-talk."

"Ok. If your sure. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." I say and sit down on the couch. He sits down near me. Not to far but not to close.

"I'm happy you decided to come over for dinner Natsu. I didn't expect this side of you but I understand it. You have a lot of confidence and courage to come over and hang out. Honestly I don't think your so much shy as you are nervous. I'm proud of you and thankful you came out of your shell for me." I talk to Natsu almost like a reassuring mother. I guess it's my motherly side that I use for the daycare kids. In a way he reminds me of them being so shy and unsure of things.

I can and I want to help him. I know he can be strong and confident all the time if he tries.

"Y/n."

"Yes Natsu?"

"W-would you like t-to go for a-a drive?" Natsu asks hoping you'd say yes

"Of course Natsu. I'd love to."

Natsu smiles and jumps up "let's go." He says and reaches for your hand which you gladly accept. He guides you out of the house but you stop to lock the door. You take his hand again and he leads you to his car. He opens the door for you and you sit down. He closes your door and rushes to the drivers side.

He takes out his keys and spins them on his finger before putting them in the ignition and starting the car. You quickly put on your seatbelt and he does the same. He smiles at you.

"Ready?"

"Yes."

"Hold on tight." He grins and puts his googles down. You smile and hold on to the handle you've grown used to gripping. He speeds off and you squeal in excitement which causes him to laugh.

"Where are we going?" You finally ask when you see he's gotten onto the freeway.

"It's a surprise." He smiles.