The ride

Y/N is a 20 year old woman that works at a daycare. She decided to be a daycare worker instead of a teacher because she felt kids needed to be cared for on a more personal level than just teaching. Daycare allowed you to get to know the kids and really bond with them. You learn about their hopes and dreams as well as their weaknesses. You love being able to help them overcome their weaknesses. For example on girls weakness was English which is your strong point. You find out she really wants to be a writer but doesn't understand sentence structure or even what a paragraph is! So you helped her and watched her bloom everyday.

Now that girl is in high school and just got the best young writers award. You can't help but feel proud knowing you helped her achieve her dream. Then there was this boy who was terrified of anything with sharp teeth. It didn't matter if it was a cute puppy or kitten. If it had pointy teeth he was scared to death. So you decided to slowly introduce him to your puppy Lucky with his parents permission. Lucky was the sweetest and cutest thing ever and over time he relaxed. Now he just graduated school for being a veterinarian. He loves all animals now of all shapes and sizes.

You love your work with all your heart. But the downside is the pay. It's not enough for you to buy a car let alone maintain it. So you walk everywhere and get a ride from your friends home from the grocery store. But today no one could help you home and you had a decent amount of food as usual. You shop for a week so it's more than you can carry.

"But Levy! Your supposed to pick me up!" You yell into your phone.

"I'm sorry Y/N! I can't help it that my boyfriend ended up in the hospital after his show! Just request a ride from Zoomer. You don't live far so it won't cost much and they usually send someone really quick!" Levy says with a bit of a attitude

"Fine! I'll call you later then. Bye!" You hang up angrily since your friend bailed on you. You understand why but it still upset you.

You search for the Zoomer app and download it. Once you have it you make a account and request a ride. It says your driver will be a guy named Natsu Dragion and his car is red with flames painted on it.

"This should be interesting." You muse as you wait for the ride. You look at his profile and notice there is no picture of him, just his car. "That's odd but ok. I don't really care how he looks as long as I get a ride home."

Within 5 minutes you see the car come speeding up to you and stop abruptly. You head to the trunk and tap it and it opens. You load in your groceries and close it. You then head to the passengers side and get in. You don't bother looking at the driver because you don't really care. You just want to get home.

"Hello there. My name is Natsu Dragion and I will be your driver this evening." You hear a mans voice say smoothly causing you to look at him.

You look and see a guy wearing a red jacket with flames on the sleeves and he wore googles on his eyes which he lifted up for you to be able to see his dark onyx colored eyes. He rested the googles on top of his head gently pushing back his pink colored hair. He gave you a wink and you blush and look away.

"My name is-"

"It's Y/N. I know. I got your information when you requested the ride. Ready to go?" He asks and you nod. "No your not." He says firmly and you look at him with surprise. "Seatbelt." He says and grins slightly. You blush and quickly put on your seatbelt. He chuckles softly and says "hold on tight!" And lowers his googles back down.

You grip onto your seat and a handle that was located just above the door and watch as he speeds off like a bullet. You arrive at your house in less than 2 minutes and you look at him in amazement.

"We're here!" He says with a smile and you felt your heart melt. "Hey. You ok?" He asks and waves a hand in front of your face. You blush and nod.

"Yeah sorry. Thanks for the ride." You smile and open the door. "Pop the trunk so I can get my stuff?" You ask and he nods and pushes a button and you hear the trunk open. "Thanks." You smile at him and get out of the car. You grab your stuff from the trunk and head to your door. You set the stuff down and realize you left your purse in the car.

You turn to the car and see the door is still open to. You rush back and lean in the car and quickly grab your purse. "Sorry!" You apologize and blush in embarrassment.

"No worries. Hey here's my number. If you ever need a ride let me know first then request it and I'll be sure to get it and come get you." Natsu says with a wink and a smile.

"Sure! I will! Thank you!" You say blushing as you take the card with his number on it. "Bye" You get out of the car and close the door and head back up to your house. You unlock the door and place your bags inside. You notice he hasn't left yet. You smile and close the door then you hear his car take off.

"Did he purposely wait until I got inside to leave?" You wonder out loud.

You shrug it off as coincidence and put your bags in the kitchen and start putting the food away.

Once your done you walk to your room and change your clothes and lay down.

"Natsu Huh? What is it about you I like?" You say out loud to yourself and smile.

You live in a two bedroom house because you get a lot of requests for babysitting and it's usually for overnight. So you set up a guest room with 2 beds in it and 2 small dressers. You don't mind babysitting because it's pretty easy. The kids go to bed and not long later you go to bed. You just need to be there in case something happens and they need you. You rarely had instances where you needed to actually care for the kid. They usually just slept through the night.

You lay in the bed thinking. Then you remember you have his number. It wouldn't hurt to text him your number so he can save it so he knows who you are.

Hi Natsu? It's Y/N. Just wanted to text you so you have my number.

Hey Y/N. Ok I got it saved. Thanks!

No problem!

Well that wasn't so bad. Though a part of you wanted him to talk more. Oh well, he has your number now so he can contact you anytime.

You go to bed and can't help but think about your pink haired driver.