Chapter 18

My body hit the ground as I fell from Jay's arms, he flew backwards, landing on his stomach his face laying to the side facing me.

His eye's were closed, and his breathing fast.

I didn't move for a couple seconds, debating if I could walk. Maybe even crawl.

I'd leave Jay if I could. Get away from everyone and everything.

Crawling onto my knee's I took a deep breath and slowly pushed myself up off the ground holding in the small scream that wanted to come from me as the pain tried to take over, I got a dizzy spell and fell backwards onto the ground again.

Trying again, I managed to get back on my two legs and took a few shaking steps. After I started to relax I was about to start to run away when I heard Jay start coughing.

Turning towards him I took a few steps towards him through the distance we were seperated in.

Debating leaving him here to die, I noticed how exhausted he looked and the relax state he was in, even though the situation we were in.

I never got to hear the words he was going to say, and he seemed to help me, a lot no matter what. Like he cared.

Stepping closer to him with out realising it, I bent down and picked him up he was light to me which was starnge but I was to tired to pick him up fully, I was having troubles walling still.

I don't know if I can make it but i'd try.

Wrapping his arm around my neck and putting my arm on his waist I started dragging him, and some what myself, through the dying forest.

Trying to find the clearest path I could that was the fastest and safest. I don't know where Andy and Curt went, they were probably already out waiting for us, and wondering where their alpha was.

By now, the fire was smaller in the area I was in, and It was almost in the clear.

A little further, I thought trying to keep my step in pattern in order not to fall.

I spotted a brown wolf way out in the distance keeping a watchful eye, staying on alert, as soon as he saw us, he started to run.

Jay stirred and looked up at me.

Giving a faint smile to me he said in faint words. "I love you." With that he passed out. Just as the brown wolf was a few feet away from us my legs buckled. I sent me and Jay forward.

I started coughing uncontrolably, as I lay on the ground, my chest pushing up and down trying to grab all the clean air my body would let it.

The grey wolf showed up after a minute or two, both boys changed back to their human selfs.

I was holding onto my conciousness. Curt picked me up gently, in a bridle way, while Andy did the same to Jay then we were carried off into the night.

For the night we stayedd at a small run down hotel, after the boys quickly found us all clothes to wear. I don't even want to know where they found them.

Jay was laying on a small single bed, he almost took up the entire thing because of his size. He was breathing normally now, his face was covered in soot, and mud.

I couldn't help but stare, and remember my descision. I could have gotten away, and leave him there. But I didn't what was wrong with me? I rescued the man that has hurt me so many times, and I can't even thin clearly about that.

When we arrived, carried in the hotel the front desk man was starting to doze off until, he saw us. He tried to call us a ambulance and all. It took Andy forever to calm the guy down, Andy even smashed his fist down on the desk putting a dent in it ever so slightly. We told the man that we were fine and we just got caught in the wildfire while were camping.

Hey we even got free food out of it.

Curt and Andy ate like pigs, and tried to make me eat it but I kept refusing it, intsead I just drank a bunch of water and lay down on the second bed beside Jay.

To be honest I felt a lttle scared for when he wakes up. I can't tell if he'll be ad that Iran away, or that he'll be grateful I saved him. The thoughts turned in my stomach and I was not ready.

Instead I turned away from him, and fell asleep. These were the only beds in this room we were gven so the boys got the couches in the living room. Their feet kept hanging off of it. But htey didn't seem to mind at all.

Everyone was just so exhausted.

*******************

HEY GUYS SRRY IITS A BIT SHORT BUT IM STARTING TO WORK ON THE CHAPTER AFTER THIS LOL I CUT IT SHORT FOR A REASON BUT YA THX FOR ALL THE SHOUT OUTS AND ALL GUYS I LUV U ALL FOR THAT AND THE ONES WHO VOTE AND COMENT FOR ME IT MEANS A LOT.

IM NOT SURE IF THIS BOOK S GOING TO MAKE ITY TO THE WATTY AWARDS,  SO IDK I HAVE MY HOPES UP.

THX U. MCK.<3

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN