Back home

Jasmine didn't have to open her mouth or tell Jun what happened. Deep inside, he knew. Even as a young child, growing up with his brothers, Yuan had already displayed a different aura about him. He's cruel, menacing and evil. But their parents favored him more than him and Hoon no less. The first born. The golden child.

"I shouldn't have left. I should have fought to stay. None of these would have happened."

Jasmine pressed her head back on his chest. He was not to blame. No one knew this would happen. "You didn't know. I didn't know." Yuan wasn't even on their minds when they made the decision.

His entire body shook with anger. Jun couldn't help but blame himself for everything. He somehow knew the risk but did not think ahead of it. He just wanted to take care of her, protect her but it all blew on his face. "I should take you back to my apartment."

Jasmine tilted her head to him. "To your apartment?"

He nodded. "If that's okay with you? I could protect you better if you were close to me."

Jasmine nodded her head. She couldn't feel safer with any other man than Jun. "I'm so glad you're here. I didn't think you'd make the trip."

He would swim across the ocean for her, betray his family and start a war. "What made you think I wouldn't? I thought I made it clear that I love you."

A blush found her bruised cheeks. She strained to smile feeling the soreness in her muscles. She believed him. "I love you too, Jun."

Bailing felt the weight of relief lifted off her shoulders. She's glad Jun is here. She's glad someone is here to protect Jasmine. "Thank you, Jun. I believe you can protect her as well."

Jun gave Bailing a courteous glance before drifting his eyes on Jasmine again. "Come back to the apartment with me."

Jasmine turned back to Bailing to get her approval which Bailing returned with a nod. "He can protect you better, Jasmine."

*****

This is both Jun and Jasmine's first time walking into the apartment since Jun left. Nothing has changed. The apartment looked neat and immaculately cleaned and smelled the same. Thanks to a paid cleaning service that comes in once a week to clean.

It was refreshing to walk into something familiar again. Jun exhaled, he felt the exhaustion in all his muscles. The tightness in them, the collection of acid. He's hasn't had a moment of rest since he left Taiwan.

But even in the midst of his exhaustion, his priority was Jasmine. He wanted to make sure she felt safe around him.

"We're home."

He turned to her to see her reaction.

A faint smile covered her lips. It was warm and inviting. She didn't wait for Jun to take a hint as she closed in the gap between them and gave him a kiss.

It felt like coming home after being lost in a storm for a while. Jun felt like home. He felt safe and comforting that soon, the kiss turned deeper and the longing came out in full swing. She couldn't control the way her mind and body seemed to just take over. Her arms were wrapped around Jun trying to feel the warmth of  his skin on her.

Jun was the same way. He had missed her so that the only thing he could think right now was to take her to bed and have sex with her. He knew she's still hurt, but he made a mental promise to be gentle. He'd make love to her as though she's the most fragile woman in the world.

Jun was gentle when he had picked her up into his arms and carried her to the darkness of the room.