Primal

Yuan was having dinner with his wife when Jun walked in the dining room. He could spot the purple bruise on Yuan's mouth and thought immediately of Hoon. Hoon never mentioned anything but he assumed that Hoon might have been the reason for that painful mark on Yuan. He got some satisfaction seeing Yuan get punched for once.

Good for him, Jun thought. He knew Hoon is not a push over. No, not by a long shot but he also never saw his brother to be aggressive. He couldn't even remember having fights when they were young. Any kind of bullying, Hoon had done it in a fucked up psychological way like manipulation or deception. Kinda like he manipulated Jasmine to coming back to work after she tried to quit.

It was pretty messed up, the way Hoon forced Jasmine to come back but Jun wasn't about to control or make decisions for her.

Even still, he felt some kind of pride seeing the bruise on Yuan's lips knowing it was Hoon who gave it to him.

Yuan lifted his head sensing Jun approaching. He surveyed his brother who wore casual blue jeans and snug white shirt. Hard planes of his face rigid with anger. He suspected Jasmine had told him what happened. His face darkened and his eyes sharpened. He expected this and he knew the kind of storm Jun brought with him.

Yuan raised from his seat wiping his mouth with napkin. He held up his palm, "look Jun, let's not jump into conclusions..."

Jun cut him off. "I see Hoon already got to you before I did."

Yuan frowned reaching for his bruised mouth. Pain simmered making him hiss. "Whatever that bitch told you, you know it's a lie. I would never stoop down to a girl like that."

Heat of rage stormed Jun. He couldn't believe Yuan would try to deny it. He recalled the bruises on Jasmine, her swollen face. The kind of beating only a weak and insecure man could ever do to a woman.

Jun gritted his teeth ravaged with anger. The thought of Jasmine getting hurt. How helpless and how scared she must have been.

But despite his anger, Jun couldn't help but to blame himself as well. He should have been there. He should have been able to protect her. He wasn't because he allowed his brothers to bully him into leaving. They presented the move to Taipe as a necessity when the truth was, anyone could have done that job instead of him.

"Have you seen her?" Jun lashed out. "Have you seen the bruises on her? Do you think anyone else could have done that?"

Yuan shrugged. "What do you want me to do? Pay her off?"

"Are you serious?!" Jun seethed.

"Tell me how much does she wants? I'll pay it."

He had just about enough of Yuan as he launched for him. He tackled Yuan to the ground. Onslaught of punches pummeled Yuan one after another so fast and so hard that he couldn't hardly keep up with assault.

The first punch came the hardest and it almost knocked him out. The second took his breath out and made him see stars. The third came and more and then more.

He heard his wife's muffled screams on the background. She had thrown herself on Jun trying to stop his attacks but she'd been useless to stop him.

Yuan could not remember anything else after that. Darkness had claimed his vision passing out.

Jun continued punching Yuan even after he passed out. Rage has control of him like a wild animal. The primal beast in him unleashed to protect Jasmine. He wanted Yuan to feel what's it's like to get beaten. He wanted Yuan to know what it feels like to suffer. He wanted Yuan to hurt. He wanted him to regret everything he had ever said and did. He wanted to kill Yuan for everything he did to Jasmine.

Jun had to stop himself before he actually kill Yuan. His knuckles raw and bleeding. He looked at Yuan's messed up and bloody face. It was everything that he deserved.

Jun swallowed, reigning to calm himself. He was breathing fast, his heart is racing but everything around him was in a stand still.

Jun felt sick to his stomach. He doesn't feel good about what he did, but he was satisfied with the justice that he gave.

"Don't..." He breathed once Yuan started waking up. "Don't ever come near Jasmine again."

It was a threat and he meant every word of it.