Trauma

#violenceagainstwomen

Someone is at the door. Jasmine thought nothing of it - thinking it was Hoon coming home. She sat up from the sofa slowly to greet him when she saw a different man. 

Yuan stood by the door. He wore a long coat with his hands on the pockets. His face rigid with anger and violence. His malevolent eyes darted on Jasmine right away. 

Jasmine was instantly frozen. It's like she had forgotten how to breathe or think at all. She was right there, unable to move, think, and speak, imprisoned by her own fear. 

A dear stuck in a headlight. 

Then everything came down on her like a heavy rain, her fret instantly imprisoned her when Yuan suddenly moved charging at her. She tried to run away but Yuan got to her before she could even get away from him. 

He seized the curve of her shoulder and jerked her back. 

Jasmine stumbled backwards falling. Yuan's hand caught her arm before she fell and dragged her back to the living room. He slammed her against the floor and climbed on top of her, cradling her between his legs. 

Yuan put his weight on her. 

"What do you want?" She screamed. "What did you do to Hoon?!"

She doesn't understand why Yuan is at the house. Hoon should have been back by now. "What did you do to Hoon?!" 

Yuan smirked, he felt insulted by her accusation. "Do you think I would ever hurt my brother?" 

There's no telling what he's capable of.

"Don't be delirious! I would never hurt my brother." His eyes shined. "I'm trying to protect Hoon and Jun from a conniving woman like you."

"What're you talking about? I haven't tried to manipulate or squeeze money from your brothers!"

Yuan put his hand on the deep pocket of his coat and pulled out an object. It was Jasmine's missing phone. Yuan snatched it away when he made an excuse to use the bathroom before he left the night before. 

He turned it on, eyes on the bright screen. It has twelve unread messages from Jun and three missed phone calls. 

"I bet Jun is worried about you right now. You haven't returned his messages and his phone calls."

Jasmine tried to snatch her phone but Yuan slammed his palm on her face, her head made a hard impact on the floor. This made her see blotches of dark spots before her eyes. 

"I want you to tell Jun not to worry about anything. Everything is going to be alright." He leaned closed to her, his breath fogged up her face. "Tell him you lost your phone, tell him you're not interested in joining him in Taipe."

She shook her head. 

Yuan slammed his elbow on her face, pain exploded as she yelped. Blood dripped out of her nose. Yuan had fractured her nose. "Tell him you lost your phone and tell him you're not interested in joining him in Taipe." He whispered in aching slowness, his voice crawling dangerously. 

Jasmine cried. Her face throbbed from the pain especially her nose. She couldn't move, Yuan had pinned her on the floor with his weight and fighting against him only led to more pain. 

Yuan held her phone in front of her. The phone could only be unlocked by a pin number. "Unlock your phone right now!"

With weak hand, she entered her pin number to unlock the phone. It went straight to her home screen while Yuan brought her phone back to him. The first thing he did was read all the unread messages from Jun, his eyebrows kneading into disgusting frown as he went through them. 

And when he got done invading her privacy, he pressed on the missed calls notification and dialed back Jun's number. He gave Jasmine a warning glare as the phone rang. 

It didn't take but two rings before Jun picked up. "Jasmine!" He said immediately, worry in the undertone of his voice. 

Yuan pressed the phone against her swollen cheek. Speak, his mouth instructed. 

"It's Yuan! He's....."

Yuan yanked the phone away in a panic and hung up. He was red seething with rage. He had assumed Jasmine would have been terrified enough to do as she's told but apparently, she still had a light of fight in her. He knew he needed to teach her a lesson for disobeying him. He slammed the phone on the floor breaking it immediately. 

Jasmine's eyes were wide. She knew what would happen if she were to do the opposite but warning Jun has been worth it. Even if she were only able to utter a few words, it was enough to alarm Jun something is wrong. 

Yuan's hand was the only thing she could see when it made contact to her face again making her see blood before her eyes. He slapped her again and again until her cries became louder than the sound of his hand making contact on her skin. 

He picked her up by her shirt and slammed her back on the floor. Hard breath forced out of her mouth and her nose. Her back ached, the pain on her lungs were sharp. She gasped for a breath but the impact of her back slamming on the floor the second time made her unable to keep up with her senses. 

There's something about getting beaten up. You're body knows you're going though pain but your brain doesn't let you feel anything. Jasmine stopped feeling all the pain as if her body had given up on her. She couldn't move, she couldn't fight him off. She could just lay there and take it all while he unleashed his broken manliness on her. She was limp. 

It almost felt like dying. Her body had given up as her mind drifted away into something else. She saw flashes of a man and a woman. Their faces too blurry for her to figure out. They were dying. Their blood covered the snow like spilled red ink. 

She doesn't know who they were or what made her hallucinate about them, but she felt great sorrow for the things they went through. 

"Jun..." His name slipped out of her mouth. He was the last thing on her mind before she passed out.