Jun

Jun dialed Jasmine's number for the third time and gotten no response. He debated upon leaving another message but he didn't want to overwhelm her with panicked messages. Instead, he gave her a benefit of a doubt. Perhaps, she's busy and couldn't get to her phone. 

He couldn't help but worry about her, especially with the way she suddenly cut off during her call.

He sent her another text message: Jasmine please answer, I'm really worried. 

He gave himself no time to pause, Jun dialed Hoon's number immediately when he received the same barren silence. Hoon didn't pick up either so he was left with no other alternative but to text him.

Jun's final option was Yuan - not having much of a choice. He doesn't know anyone else who can reach Hoon and Jasmine promptly, so he dialed Yuan's number and let the phone rang. 

Yuan picked up immediately. 

"Hello." 

"Yuan." Jun murmured his brother's name with slightly elevated voice. 

"Jun!" 

"Do you know why Hoon is not answering his phone?" 

Jun didn't want to start the conversation with Jasmine, so he decided upon a subtle conversation with Hoon instead. 

"Hoon is back at the hospital. I'm sorry, I didn't tell you right away. I'm just getting back home myself."

Short silence fell upon them. 

"What happened? Is he okay?" Asked Jun. 

"Nothing serious, just another one of his complications, he'll be out in no time."

A breath of relief. At least he didn't have to worry about Hoon anymore. "Thank goodness. What about Jasmine? Have you seen Jasmine? She's not answering her phone."

There was a sharp breath on the other line. Jun picked up the sudden change in Yuan's vibrato. "Nope, haven't seen her. She wasn't even at the house when I came to check on Hoon. She's probably out somewhere. If it's up to me, I would have fired her a long time ago. She's not fit to look after Hoon and you know that."

Jun was silent on the other line. He's not looking for an argument with his brother even though he has a tingling suspicion he might've done something to her. He hung up the phone without giving them a chance to carry on with the conversation. Jun suddenly regretted even calling him.

Jun knew he must do something. There's something about the situation, the way Jasmine cut off during her call, her frantic state that left him restless and anxious. He just knew something happened to her. He logged on his computer wasting no time searching for the earliest flight back home. He found one that leaves the next day and booked it immediately. It was coach not first class ticket but he doesn't care at this point. 

*****

Jun checked his phone as soon as the plane landed on the airport. Still, no response from Jasmine. He tried to get in contact with her once more with no luck. This made him worry even more.

Trying to get a hold of Hoon was near impossible as well. He had not answered his phone since the day before either. 

Jun opted for an Uber ride instead. That way no one from his family would know of his surprised arrival.

He made the driver dropped him off at the back lot. His first stop was the guest house. Good thing the guest house was equipped with modern security that he was able to get inside with  a pin number without alarming anyone. He went to investigate immediately looking for signs of Jasmine.

"Jasmine!" He called out loud by the door. 

The house loomed eerily silent. No one was home. 

He called for her name again.

"Jasmine?!"

He noticed nothing out of the ordinary. The house is cleaned spotless that it reminded him of a smell of a hospital. 

He checked her room next. He noticed the mess immediately, the way her clothes has been tossed on the dresser and the bed. A large language on the floor. It looked like she was packing her stuff fixing to leave. 

He was overwhelmed with a feeling of confusion. This proved his suspicion. Something is up. 

Jun let himself in to investigate picking up pieces of her clothing that's been tossed around. The room looked like it's been ransacked. It looked to him like she was trying to leave in a rush.

Fear swung at him. Something must've have happened for her to simply disappear.  His hand dove for his phone inside his pocket and dialed Hoon's number again. 

The call went straight to the voicemail.

He knew not to contact Yuan this time. Jun started to make his way to the hospital to see Hoon.