Sick card

Jasmine didn't mind going back to work. She wanted to and insisted to Jun that he let and there's nothing to worry about, but she didn't like the way they made her go back. Scaring her to go to prison and leaving her and Jun no other choice but to do as they want.

"Six months will fly by and a relationship with me isn't enough to strain the relationship with your brothers."

Jun almost rolled his eyes. The relationship with his brothers has long been hanging by a thread. The only thing stopping him from completely cutting ties was the company and Hoon's sickness.

Perhaps, he doesn't really have anything to worry about. He trusted Jasmine, he could see it in her eyes, the way she looks at him, the way she's so comfortable around him like she had found her home.

"Three months, you'd be free from the contract. I could fly you to Taiwan to be with me then."

Jasmine pressed his forehead upon his. "That doesn't sound too bad at all."

*****

"You've awfully quiet the last couple days, Jasmine." Hoon inquired softly when she was setting up his meal in the kitchen table.

Jasmine thought of it strange. She has always been silent around Hoon.

"I know you've always been silent, but you grew extra quiet the last couple of days." Hoon continued.

Rich men must be so clueless to the kind of suffering they inflict on less fortunate people . Jasmine was upset because of the way Hoon and Yuan threatened Jun and her. Instead of wanting to come back to work, now she felt restrained. Perhaps her pity isn't warranted. Hoon is not the kind of person she should waste her empathy for when he's not worthy.

"It's nothing." She murmured quietly and kept her hands busy and her eyes away from him.

Hoon grabbed her hand. The sudden contact sent ripples of pricks all over her chest and her arms. This made her look at him abruptly.

"Look, I know why you're upset. I'm not that dense, I know what I did is wrong and I've manipulated things my way but there are things a dying man wished for before he died."

A painful twist in her chest. Jasmine felt his words in her soul. A deep ache lashed out making her hardened emotion soften.

Her eyes shined from tears threatening to come out. The tension in her body relaxed. She knew he was very sick, but she has no idea the severity of his sickness. "Hoon..."

"Jun had plenty of women, he'd been blessed by the gods to have all these women chase after him – while I only the other hand had only a handful of relationships. None of them were ever too intimate, they were merely for companionship but even then, I never truly felt I was with someone." He let go of her hand. "Jasmine, I want to know what it's like to feel happy before I die."

Her voice cracked. It's not really fair Hoon is using his sick card. How is she supposed to not get emotional? "Why choose me? How do you know I could make you happy?"

"Because I know you can."

*****

Everything seemed to have slowed down ever since Jun left the country. Time doesn't pass as fast when you're lonely or missing someone. It's only been a week but thinking of the other twenty five more weeks seemed like an eternity.

"It's never good to spend so much time with your own mind." Hoon murmured as he hovered behind her. She hardly noticed him approached. Hoon usually dragged his home slippers when he walked making her familiar with the sound of his footsteps. But then again, her mind wasn't really with her. 

Hoon peeked at the same view she has her thoughts lost on for a while. It's a beautiful garden filled with blooming flowers. "It's a nice day outside. Perhaps, you and I can go for a walk."

She agreed right away. This isn't the first time they went for a walk. She'd taken him for walks a part of her job.

Jasmine had considered Hoon's request a part of her job than his offer for company. "What about your work?"

Hoon smiled. "I'm the boss, I can come and go as I please."

She pushed away from the window thinking of Hoon's coat and a wheel chair in case Hoon gets tired during the walk but Hoon already had his coat with him along with hers. He didn't say anything as he guided the coat around her, helping her put it on. 

She thought of his gesture as nice and nothing more.

Jasmine then helped him with his while he instructed her a wheel chair wont be necessary. He'd been feeling a little better lately anyway. "I think I could walk on my own."

Hoon made sure he was ahead of her as they walked out the door, opening it for both of them and closing it as she walked out. It's a small courtesy, probably gone unnoticed by Jasmine, but the act made him feel good about himself that it felt more like a reward than being chivalrous.