Hoon

Jasmine debated whether she should continue to stand by the door for a few more minutes. She was afraid to disturb her new employer especialy after Jun's warning of his temper. 

He's probably sleeping, she reminded herself. After all, he just came home from the hospital after being hospitalized for a few days.

She decided to let him rest, picking up her bag and tossing it on her shoulder. She walked around the guest house to familiarized herself -  when she stumbled upon another room.

It was dark inside and from where she's standing, it looked empty as well. The door  was slightly ajar, inviting herself to drop off her bag when something behind the door came tumbling down. 

Ooops!

In a panic, she decided to push the door wider, coming in to pick up whatever it was that got knocked down when a man shot up to his feet snarling at the unwelcome stranger in the room. 

"What're are you doing!?" He hissed. 

Jasmine has never regretted opening a door in her life. 

"I'm sorry." Her voice cracked terrified of the man already. 

She lifted her eyes to get a better look at him, noticing his thin stature. He looked malnourished like someone who had been sick for a very long time. His hips protruded from his pajama and his shoulders poked out of his shirt. His clothes were barely hanging on him. She caught a whip of strong scent of medicine in the room making her stomach twist. Jasmine made an ultimate assumption that this man in front of her, snarling so angrily, is none other than Hoon. 

"Pick them up!" Hoon demanded, his voice boomed with authority that made Jasmine jolt in panic trying to hurry. He sounded like someone who's used to barking orders and ordering people around.

With trembling hands, Jasmine picked the books up one by one settling them on her lap and her arm, but she'd been so agitated that she couldn't help but make mistakes after mistakes. 

The books fell off her lap as soon as she set them.

He scowled as he watched her make one mistake after another that he grew frustrated and annoyed. Hoon bent over to pick them up himself, stacking the books on his arm then shoved them back by the door impatiently. "That's how you do it!"

Jasmine soon rose to her feet. Fret visible in her face, she had never been spoken to in such a way and treated so rudely that all her emphathy for him vanished. Hoon is mean and irritable just like Jun warned her. 

Her muscles strained, fighting the tears treatening to climb her eyes. Not once she met a man who made her cry so easily. She soon excused herself trying to usher out of the room. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were here. I thought you were still asleep in the other room."

Hoon followed her closely, his hand grasped for the door getting ready to slam it on her when she stumbled by the hallway where the stream of light coming from the windows struck her like a spotlight.

Hoon froze as he saw her, a shine of recognition in his eyes. His entire body slacked as the anger and irritation evaporated. He stared at her for a second, trying to recall where he had known her before. "Have we met before?" He asked, his voice took on a much gentler tone. 

But Jasmine was so distraught and upset with the way he treated her that his attempt of being gentle waned its effect on her. "No, I think I would remember an asshole!"