Bailing

So what now? 

Jasmine sat on the shoulder of the road, staring out of it with a box of her belongings. Lost with what to do. She just got fired from her job, her bread and butter. The first thing on her thoughts was how to pay for her expensive apartment. 

She can apply for jobs as soon as possible but landing a job takes months in waiting.

She let out an unsteady breath and thought of Jun. She couldn't ask a guy she hooked up only a day ago to move in together could she? That would be the stupidest thing and she already made one bad descision because of him. 

"Jasmine!" Bailing walked behind her. "I heard what happened so I came running after you?"

Jasmine turned around, her eyes shining with tears. "They fired me! They didn't even give me a chance to explain what happened."

Bailing gave her a pitying look as she approached closer, crouching to Jasmine's level. Her voice plunging into the softess caress. "There now, let me know what I could do to help. You are my best friend."

"I need a job!" Jasmine wailed loudly on the street. 

Bailing winced at Jasmine's screetching before placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. "What about Jun Long?" She crooned. "Can't you ask him for a favor? He's practically the owner of one of the largest company in the nation. I'm sure he can give you a job in his company."

Jasmine shook her head. She can't very well ask him for help a day after hooking up with him. That would make her look like a gold digger. "No, I can't. He'll think I'm taking advantage of him."

"Well, let's put it this way, he's the reason you lost your job."

"It takes two to fuck, Bailing. It is as much as my fault as it is his."

"Did he seduced you?" Bailing could very much imagine Jun seducing every attractive woman that crossed eyes with him. 

"He did, but....I was already very attracted to him."

Bailing let out a breath of defeat. Nothing she's saying is consoling Jasmine. "So you won't call him?"

Jasmine shook her head again. "No."

"Text?"

"No."

"How about I email his office and tell him what happened? Maybe he'll reach out to you to help."

Finally, Jasmine calmed down, she wiped her tears and turned to Bailing. "You'd do that?"

Bailing showed her a genuine smile. "That's what having a bestfriend is for, to help each other."

------
------

Jun was restless all day, he couldn't think of anything else but Jasmine. It was the most annoying, most exciting feeling ever. He thought he'd been struck in love with many women before but this feeling has been the strongest ever that it has total control over him. No matter how much he tried to tuck away the thoughts of her, it kept invading his brain refusing to be put away.  

"Mr. Long...."

"Mr. Long...."

"Mr. Long....earth to Mr. Long....are you here with us?"

A view of a large woman came clearer and clearer into his view as reality pulled him back in. Jun blinked and straightened right away. 

"Chyou?"

Chyou blinked and smiled at him. "Must be something good. I've been standing here for about fifteen seconds trying to get your attention but you seemed so far away." Chyou held up a tray with Jun's phone in the center. "Here's your phone you ask the company's courier to fetch."

Jun almost leaped to his phone. He'd been so eager to see if Jasmine tried to contact him. Disappointment masked his face when he saw nothing, scrolling though his notifications just to make sure. 

He checked the time, it's only two in the afternoon. It's still early he told himself. Maybe, she's busy at work. 

A notification suddenly popped on his phone. It was from his work email and it came from a person he'd never heard before. Bailing Wong. Who the heck is Bailing Wong? Althought the email adress is familiar to him. It's the same home address as the company Jasmine work for. 

Jun decided to click on the message on his computer instead.  He felt sick to his stomach after he finished. He had just learned Jasmine lost her job for sleeping with him.

He slumped on his chair and pulled his face. How did her boss even know? Then it all occured to him that Jasmine must've never done something like that before. Didn't know what to do or protect herself. Jun felt guilt consumed him. He'd just fuck an innocent woman and caused her to lose her job. 

He reached for his phone again about to contact her when the door to his office opened. There's only three people who could come and go in his office without an appointment. His father, Yuan, the CEO and his oldest brother, and Hoon, the vice CEO, but Hoon had been sick in the hospital and his father has long retired and in the Bahamas with is twenty - two year old girlfriend. 

"Yuan!"

Yuan stood at the mouth of his door, gazing at him expectantly. He wore his coat, briefcase carried on one hand. "Are you ready?"

Jun's brows knitted with confusion. "Ready for what?"

Yuan rolled his eyes and stalked deeper inside. "If I have a yuan for every time your out of it today, I swear to god, I would be able to purchase a fine wine by now."

He stopped and studied his brother, phone held on his hand. 

Jun stared at Yuan vacantly. 

"She must be some kind of girl for you to lose your head over your shoulders."

Jun turned red but Yuan didn't hang around long enough to have a meaningful conversation about Jun and the new girl he met. 

"Meet me in the car at the parking lot in ten minutes. I will be waiting."