" ... and he was tellin me about how you worked at the stables, and Mickey Mouse. Well, turns out Masons ain't owns a stable of her own and I know it ain't no Mickey Mouse or anything, but she offered to let us 'borrow' a couple horses if your up for that"

Soda looked almost overwhelmed "well damn Cherry, I'd love to. That sounds like a plan" he nodded.

I got up onto the couch and he pulled me into a hug.

Once we pulled apart, everyone was talking already.

I still had to see Dallas though, I had to get him his gift. His didn't cost any money at all.

"Well, I'd love to stick around but I gotta go see my brother" I said and got up, walking to my room to get my jacket and walking back out.

"Do you need someone with you?" Darry asked.

I shook my head "oh no ... I'll be alright, I'll be back within a couple hours maybe less"

They all nodded and I walked over to the door and walked out, closing it behind me and then walked out the gate, closing that.

I walked all the way down to the jail which took me about 30 minutes.

Once I got there, I definitely wasn't the only visitor. They took me back to a room where there were a few more people visiting their family.

I waited for a few minutes before they brought Dallas out.

"Merry Christmas" I grinned, he knew we never celebrated it.

He chuckled "Merry Christmas Elliot"

"Hey I Uh, I brought you somethin" I said and pulled out a folded picture out of my pocket and slid it over to him.

He unfolded it and smiled lightly. It was a picture of us as kids, it was snowing in New York that day and I practically begged Dallas to play in the snow with me.

"I remember that, that day you told me that as soon as we could get out of New York we would go together ..." he said and his face kinda fell.

I looked down "Hey it's fine though, it was a long time ago ya know. I was young and didn't know what I was thinkin"

"No, no, no I shouldn't have left ya Ella. Damn it" he said and folded the picture back, holding onto it.

"Hey, I'm here now aren't I?" I didn't wanna mention that Mom came by "it's all good Dally, I like it here and I don't plan on leaving"

Dallas nodded "listen, I'm gonna think of somethin ... I'm gonna think of somethin for us alright? Like, like a place to live"

I nodded "well think of somethin together okay" I said and stood up. I walked over to him and gave him a light hug and he hugged me back.

"I'll see you later Dal"

"Bye Ella"

I walked out of the building as the guards took him back to his cell.

Dallas and I were both cold and tuff, but we knew we didn't have to act like that around each other.

I walked back to the Curtis's house to see no one there. I remember them asking about playing football so I headed over to the Lot and of course, found them there.

I walked over to where the game was and stood off to the side. There were two teams. Johnny, Ponyboy, and Darry and then Two-Bit, Steve, and SodaPop.

I knew I would be on Sodas team since the other boys had Darry. I saw my chance and I took it. Right as Ponyboy was going to through the ball to Darry, I ran in and caught the ball and did what I had to do to score some points.

"That's what I'm talkin about!" Two-Bit cheered.

I took a fake bow and laughed "take some notes Darry" I joked.

He laughed "bring it on"

So we played, probably until it was dark. We were out there for a long time and I had a great time.

When we were about to head back Soda walked in front of me and crouched down a bit. I got the memo and climbed onto his back. He held my calves and I loosely wrapped my arms around his neck.

He carried me back the whole way, which was kinda surprising. I mean I'm light and all but still.

Two-Bit, Johnny, and Steve all went home. Darry went on to bed since he had work the next day.

Ponyboy, SodaPop, and I stayed up and sat on the couch just talking. It felt so good to sit there and talk to them like I had known them forever.

"Hey Elliot, when you were in that school I'm Connecticut. Did you have any close friends?" Ponyboy asked.

I shrugged "I mean I had Mason and he came down to visit some but he lived in New York ... but uh, I did know this one girl and we were kinda friends, but besides that no" I said and rubbed the back of my neck "ponyboy I've never been the type to make friends or even stick around family, that's just how Dallas and I are. I didn't plan on staying here when I arrived but it kinda just worked it".

"I'm glad you stayed, although SodaPop here never shuts up about ya"

I chuckled "he's a keeper huh ... yeah but uh, I'm glad I was forced over here ya know. I wouldn't have met you guys, I wouldn't have seen Dallas, and I would've had to move back with my nonexistent parents.

Soda looked over to me and wrapped one arm around my waist, lightly pulling me closer to him "trust me, I'm glad she stayed too"