Chapter 57

"No! No you're lying!" I screamed.

"Megan! Please, calm down!" The Doctor pleaded.

"My baby is gone! My baby!"

"She's scaring the other patients sir, we have to sedate her." A nurse said frantically.

"What? No. You can't sedate her! Give her a moment to calm down." Zayn said.

"Ma'am please. You need to calm down or else we are going to have to sedate you."

But I couldn't stop. The tears kept flowing and my cries only got louder with every agonizing second. Whatever was left of my fragile heart had been ripped out and nothing was left. I was empty, only to be filled with the most excruciating pain I had ever felt.

"What the fuck is going on in here?" I heard a voice say in the doorway of the room. It was Niall, a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Mr. Horan, please step out of the room for a moment. We have to get her under control." The Doctor said.

"Under control? What the fuck happened?" He said, a small panic in his voice.

"Niall, she just found out about the baby." Zayn said to him in a hushed tone. He was hardly audible under my cries.

"Oh my god. Baby, I'm so sorry. It's going to be alright okay? We can get through this. Just please, settle down." Niall said, placing his hand on mine where Zayn's use to be.

"Don't touch me!"

"Megan, please."

"Don't fucking touch me!"

"That's it. We have to sedate her. Hurry!" The Doctor said.

"No!" I screamed.

"This is for your own good right now, Megan." He said, bringing down a mask over my nose and mouth. "Take deep breaths."

I struggled for a moment, trying to pry the mask off of my face but the cold gas that was filtering into my lungs calmed me. Soon, my eyelids started to droop.

"Don't worry. I'll be here when you wake up." Zayn whispered in my ear, carful that only I could hear him. And after a few more breaths, I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

-------------------

"Megs? Megan, open your eyes."

I felt a gentle caress on my cheek, making my eyes flutter open. I looked around and I was still in the small little hospital room. I turned my head and Zayn was still in his usual place by my hospital bed.

"Hello." He mumbled cautiously.

"Hi."

"How are you feeling?"

Honestly, I didn't feel much at all. I was numb.

"I don't know."

"Talk to me, Megan. Please. I'm here for you." He said, grabbing my hand.

"I'm just waiting for this nightmare to end. I just want to wake up and be in my bed at the hotel and have everything go back to normal."

"Don't we all."

"At least you got what you wanted." I breathed.

"What?"

"The baby is gone." I whispered.

"I never really wanted that. I was just being a coward. I never wanted to lose our baby girl."

"Baby girl?"

"Yeah." Zayn nodded. "The doctor told Niall and I overheard him. It would have been a girl."

"Skylar." I whispered, tears threatening to spill over.

"Skylar?"

"That's what I would have named her. Skylar Malik. Sky for short."

"It would have been beautiful." Zayn whispered, leaning in to kiss me on the forehead.

"What happened to Niall? After I, well, you know."

"Ah, well he kinda freaked out seeing you like that so once you were out like a light he left to room. I think he's with the others now."

"Do the others know also?"

"They didn't but I'm sure they do now."

"Oh." I mumbled.

"You made quite the scene." Zayn laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"I lost my baby, Zayn. It's not like I would take it lightly." I snapped. I didn't appreciate him making a joke about the situation.

"You weren't the only one who lost a baby today, Megan." He mumbled, suddenly serious.

"I'm sorry. How are you feelings?"

"Honestly? I feel so terrible. I regret not being supportive and I regret saying all the terrible shit I did. I feel that if I wouldn't have said any of those things, none of this would have happened. I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry." Zayn said, his voice breaking near the end. I suddenly realized that he was blaming everything that had happened in the past 48 hours on himself.

"Zayn, none of this is your fault. What happened with my Dad, the baby, none of it. If anything, if you wouldn't have been there to help me, I would probably be dead as well. And your words didn't kill our child. My father did. None of this was you, Zayn. It was him." I said, placing my hand gently on his cheek. I felt him sigh under my touch.

"Are you sure you aren't just saying this to make me feel better?"

"When have I ever downplayed something with you?" I couldn't help but crack a smile.

"Good point." He said, returning the smile. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

He bent down to press his lips to mine gently once, twice, and then a third time. Unfortunately my heart monitor betrayed me, beeping faster as my heart jumped with every kiss he gave me.

"Wow, somebody is excited." He laughed.

"Shut up." I said, smacking him lightly on the arm. I winced as the fast motion caused the needle in my arm to shift slightly.

"Oh god. What am I going to do with you?"

"I don't even know. I think we need to figure out what we are going to do about each other first."

"Only time will tell, baby. Only time will tell."

(Hello! Important update! So basically I am now in a four week math class that is four hours long for four days a week. 4,4,4 lol. (Math was created by the Devil btw) But basically it's very stressful and I have to also do homework at home. I don't think it will really interfere with my updates but just know that if I'm kind of late at updating it's because I'm busy with math:/ but don't worry! I'll still try and update every other day. So anyways, vote and comment if you liked this chapter. Talk to you soon!)-Jenny