Diagon Alley again

Chapter 18.

I woke up the next day with Draco still holding me. His grip on me was firm, despite the fact that he was still asleep. Sleeping with Draco next to me made me forget my worries and just sleep. It was the first time I managed to sleep properly since that horrible night. Draco's eyes opened and looked down at me, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Nothing happened, you perv, we are twelve!" I shouted.

"Are you saying that if we weren't twelve something would have happened?" he asked.

"You know what? Never mind. I was going to ask you to stay a bit longer, but you can leave," I said to him, climbing out of my bed.

"This is my house. I will do whatever I wish," he said.

"Well, I am going to get changed, so you have to leave. Go get changed and I will meet you outside of my room," I replied.

"Don't you want me to stay?" he pouted.

I pushed him out the door, then closed and locked it. I got ready for the day then went out to see him.

"Finally, girls take so long to get ready," Draco said, pulling me downstairs.

I looked at my watch and realised he was right. I took an hour to get ready.

"No, I don't! I took a normal amount of time. Plus, I had to shower, I did my hair, I put my makeup on, and I got changed. As I can see, all you did was get changed," I said.

"Well, I showered too. And I don't need to do my hair, as you can tell, it's already perfect. And as for makeup, I don't wear makeup. You don't need to wear makeup either, you know. You're perfect just the way you are," Draco said.

"Aww, you're so sweet, but I don't wear it because I think it makes me look better, I wear it because I like to wear it. And I only took so long because I was trying to get rid of all the bad energy. I don't usually take that long, I swear," I explained.

"Come, breakfast." He took my hand and pulled me into the dining room.

Draco sat down with me in the chair next to his.
"Good morning, Miss Narcissa," I said.

"Good morning, Savannah, Draco," she greeted.

"Mother, what time will we be going to Diagon Alley?" Draco asked.

"After you have finished eating breakfast, we will go."

We hurriedly finished our breakfast and were on our way to Diagon Alley. Draco's father, Lucius Malfoy, later accompanied us.

Once we arrived in Diagon Alley, we went to get our books first.

We got our new books at Flourish and Blotts while trying our best to find Draco's parents and avoid the large crowd of people waiting to see this man named Gilderoy Lockhart. We went upstairs to get a better view. Of course, while we were waiting, we saw my brother, Ron and Hermione. Much to Draco's disapproval, I ran down to see them.

"Hermione, Ron!" I rushed up to the two Gryffindors and hugged them.

They seemed to be waiting in the line for Lockhart's book signing. Many girls, including Hermione, were gushing over him.

"Mum fancies him," Ron whispered to me and Harry.

His mother slapped Ron's shoulder and went back to gushing over Lockhart. I scoffed, how can anyone find this idiot charming? He's self-obsessed, and he probably lied about whatever it is he says he did.

"Hermione, why is every girl gushing over that forty-year-old man?" I asked.

"It's what he has done in his books. They are all real, he has to be one of the most amazing wizards alive," she answered.