I'm scared

Chapter 17.

We entered the house quietly, as his parents were most likely to be asleep. We went into the lounge and a seat turned round to face us. Suddenly, light emitted around the chair.

"I've been expecting you," said a beautiful woman, most likely Draco's mother.

"I can explain, Sav needed my help. Her uncle and aunt were starving her and she was trapped in her room with her annoying brother. Her uncle also barred up her window and locked the door with three padlocks so she couldn't leave. When we were leaving, her uncle went all psycho and ended up falling out of the window. And she was getting into trouble for just being herself," Draco explained.

"Don't worry about it, I just wanted to tease you. So, who are you, young lady?" she asked.

"Um, Savannah Potter," I said nervously.

"Miss Potter, how wonderful it is to have you in my home. Draco, your father is still asleep. I will go talk to him for you. As for you two, I suggest you go to bed as we will be going to Diagon Alley tomorrow," she suggested.

"Thank you, Mother."

"Thank you, Mrs Malfoy."

"Please, call me Narcissa. Mrs Malfoy is too much. Draco's friend should call me my name."

"Yes, Miss Narcissa, and thank you for letting me stay with you," I said.

She walked upstairs.

"Would you like something to eat?" Draco asked.

"Yes, please. I haven't had anything decent in a few days. Then can you show me a room I can sleep in?" I asked.

"Yep, here." He tossed me a green apple.

"Thanks." I smiled and took a bite out of it.

"Here, follow me." He took my hand and led me upstairs to a room. "This is your room."

"Wow, it's so big!" I exclaimed.

"It's smaller than mine," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well, show me, then." He took me into the room right next door to mine. "This is my room." It had a giant bed in the middle of the room which could easily fit ten people. He had a dresser and a full sized mirror. He had every necessity. He even had a few unnecessary things like a set of brooms.

"Holy, this room is grand," I said.

"Eh, it's okay. Anyways, I'm off to bed. See you tomorrow. Your stuff is in your room. I gave it to the house-elf to deal with."

I walked back into my room, saw my stuff, and changed. I quickly fell asleep.

I woke up in a pool of sweat and I was crying. I had someone next to me holding my hand tightly. I realised it was Draco. I had had another one of my horrible dreams.

"Sav, are you okay? You were screaming and yelling about fire and a stone and Quirrell," Draco asked, concerned.

I started crying even more. "Since that day last year, I have had nightmares and I am worried something bad is going to happen this year. Draco, I'm scared," I said honestly. I was too tired and upset to think about my pride.

"You'll be okay, I promise." He started leaving.

"Please stay," I begged.

"Okay." He came back and sat on a chair by my bed.

"How am I supposed to sleep when you are over there?" My sense of humour returning a bit before my eyes threatened to spill more tears.

He came and sat next to me. I leaned my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Go to sleep, I will be here," Draco whispered.

His words soothed me and I soon fell asleep. There was no doubt about it, I still liked Draco and I didn't think it was going to change. I just had to convince Harry to let me be happy. I just hope he will finally let me be who I want to be.