The Yule Ball

Chapter 44.

"I'm confused again. What are you talking about?" he asked for the billionth time.

"Draco, for Merlin's sake. I have told you millions of times. That's the clue for the next task. That's what the egg said. You were there, remember?"

He blushed at the mention of the bath we had taken.

Seriously, that boy could be so blonde. He had such a blonde moment every so often. But he was actually very, very smart. He was smarter than me which annoyed me sometimes.

"I remember, but what do you think it means?" he asked.

"I am assuming that they are hiding something we love in the Black Lake, but it has to be harder than that. I guess we only have an hour to find what they have stolen from us. Anyway, I need to go get ready for the ball."

"See you later, Sav. I will be the handsome one waiting for you," Draco said, giving me a peck on the cheek.

I walked to the common room where I found Hermione and Ginny waiting. I said the password and walked in with them. Today was the only time that no one would care if there were Muggleborns or so-called 'blood-traitors' in the Slytherin common room.

I went into my room with Hermione and Ginny trailing behind me.

"Hey Lyra, Electra. Makeup and hair first, then dresses?" I asked.

"Yep," they agreed.

"Okay, I'm going to get changed into a shirt that I can get makeup on. I just need to go get it from Draco's room. Also, don't tell Pansy about this." I opened the wardrobe door and went into Draco's room where I found my shirt.

When I walked back into my room, all the girls had a surprised expression on their faces.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh, let me just go get my shirt from Draco's room through the wardrobe! Why was your shirt in there? Have you and Draco done it?" Ginny yelled.

"Calm down, Gin. We have not had sex, we have slept together, but it was just sleeping. I swear. Now, can we get ready?" I asked.

"Okay. I believe you," Ginny said.

We all put on our makeup. Then Hermione did our hair. Electra wore dark blue lipstick with dark blue eyeshadow and a bit of blush. Lyra had pale purple lips with pale purple eyeshadow. Hermione didn't wear makeup and neither did Ginny. I had black sparkly lipstick, green eyeliner, and black eyeshadow, with a tiny bit of blush. Then we all slipped into our dresses.

This is what I am wearing:

I slipped into my green dress. The skirt flowed elegantly, its colour forest green. The black lace climbed up my waist and around my stomach, like a corset. The sleeves were black lace too, and they started past my shoulders, so that my shoulders were bare.

I put on black lipstick with sparkles in it, just to stand out. My brows were filled in, dark and pointed, and my eyeliner was bright green. Black eyeshadow stood behind it, giving an extra look of shadow, up into my crease. There were green sparkled in front of my eyes.

This is what Electra is wearing:

Electra walked out in a dark blue dress that hugged her curves perfectly. It flowed out at the ends, giving a mermaid affect. Her lipstick was a beautiful blue, like the blue sky during a sunset. She had matching eyeshadow on both of her eyelids and it winged out to the side a bit. Her black mascara was dark and thick. 

This is what Lyra is wearing:

Lyra came forth with a beautiful lilac dress. The skirt was nice and flowy, giving it a soft and delicate look. The top of it curved around her neck and left her shoulders bare. Her eyeliner was black and winged perfectly, her mascara making her lashes full. Her eyeshadow was stunning, giving off a purple highlight. It faded from a dark purple to bright lilac, almost white. Her lips were full with a soft lilac lipstick.