I think Ponyboy realized that I didn't really wanna talk about it because he didn't ask about it again. It's a bit of a sensitive subject for me.

That girl Lacey walked back in and over to Pony. "I should be gettin back home now, my Mom'll kill me if I'm late again. I'll see you later PonyBoy, tell Darry I said hi" she said and looked over to me "it was nice meeting you" she smiled.

"You too" I said and smiled to her.

"She seems nice" I nodded "too bad they broke up, she woulda been good for him".

~*~

Steve, Soda, and I walked into the Curtis's house and this time it was only Two-Bit and Dallas.

"Hey where's Johnny?" I asked looking around a bit.

"I don't know, haven't seen the kid today" Two-Bit answered.

I walked to my room and changed out of my work clothes and into something more comfortable. I should probably get a shower but at the moment I just needed to go for a walk.

After I got changed I walked back out "I'm goin for a walk, I'll be back shortly" and with that walked out the door.

I walked around anywhere I could really. I made sure to stay close just in case I ran into some Socs but this time I had my switch.

As I was coming up to the lot I heard silent crying, but not sobs.

I walked a bit quicker and got up there to see Johnny, his head in his hands.

I walked up to him quietly so I wouldn't startle him. I sat next to him and wrapped one arm around his shoulders which made him jump a bit anyways.

"Hey it's only Elliot, Johnny it's okay" Soda had told me about the socs beating Johnny to death and that why he was always so jumpy. But he also told me about his living situation. He had cuts and bruises all over his face, a few still bleeding.

"Oh Elliot, hey" he said, trying to wipe away the wetness of his face on his jacket.

"Johnny it's okay, you don't gotta act tough around me. You don't even gotta talk if ya don't want to, I don't need you to be alone right now if you're feeling like this though" I said and looked down at him.

He nodded, I feel like Johnny and I have a lot more in common than I think.

"How Bout You come on with me to the Curtis's house and you stay with us tonight, huh?"

"What about Steve?" He asked.

"I'll tell em he can take the floor or find somewhere else for the night" I smiled lightly.

He nodded and we both stood up.

We made our way back to the house and everyone was still there, I hoped they wouldn't say anything right now. I was afraid if someone brought it up he would break down.

"Alright Steve, you're gonna take the floor tonight or you're gonna go home" I said as we walked in.

"What why?" He said cocking an eyebrow.

"Cause I said so that's why" I said.

They turned to look at us and I gave them a look that said 'don't say anything' and they seemed to understand cause they left it alone.

Johnny walked over to the couch and sat between Dallas and Ponyboy.

"Hey do y'all have any Hydrogen Peroxide" I asked.

"Yeah, it's in the cabinet in the bathroom" Soda replied.

I walked into the bathroom and rummaged the cabinet and found the hydrogen peroxide. I grabbed a washcloth as well.

I walked back out and walked over to the couch.

"Ponyboy, go sit by Soda will ya?"

Pony got up and walked over to Soda, sitting next to him.

"Oh no Elliot it's really no big deal" Johnny protested.

"Yeah makes em look tuff" Steve replied.

"No one asked you steve" I sneered at him "don't worry Johnny it'll only burn for a second, besides you gotta a pretty big cut on the side of your face it could get infected real easily if you don't clean it"

"Since when did you become a doctor?" Dallas asked sarcastically.

"Since I started hanging out with seven reckless guys. I swear y'all turned me soft" I rolled my eyes.

I opened the bottle of hydrogen peroxide and poured a little on the washcloth before setting it down on the coffee table.

I took Johnny's face in one of my hands and lightly pressed the washcloth on his cut. He winced but stayed still.

I cleaned it up as well as I could and picked up the bottle, screwing the lid back on before heading to the bathroom and putting it away, throwing the washcloth into the dirty laundry.

I walked out and sat back down on the couch, everyone looked over at me.

"Keep ya eyes to ya self will ya?" I said, right now I was just mad and the gang knew by now that you shouldn't mess with me while I'm mad.

I sighed to myself, I felt bad Johnny had to live with that. I was mad for him, how could someone do that to their child. "I'm gonna get a shower" I said and got back up walking to the bathroom.

I heard Soda say he'd be back and followed after me, closing the door behind him once we were in the bathroom.

"You okay?" He asked worriedly.

I rubbed my hands down my face "I'm fine, just mad"

"What's up?"

"It's just not fair, why have a kid if you're gonna treat him like that. I feel awfully bad for Johnny, I wish I could help him somehow. It just pisses me off knowing that they do that to him"

Soda sighed "I know, I know I wish we could do somethin too. But we can't all we can do is be here when he needs us" he said calmly.

I nodded and rubbed the back of my neck. He stuck out his arms and pulled me close to him.

Once again in his warm embrace. I nestled my face into his neck. "Look what you've done to me, you turned me soft" I mumbled.

He laughed "everyone has a soft side, especially you, no matter how aggressive you are".

"Well, what about you? How've you been holding up?" I asked, I was genuinely wondering. I wanna be there when he needs me like he is for me.

"I'm alright" he assured me "Spendin time with you lately" he smiled lightly "now get a shower, it'll calm ya nerves".

I pulled away from him and nodded "thanks SodaPop ... you know something"

"Huh?"

"I've really enjoyed spendin time with you lately" I smiled lightly.

"I've enjoyed it too" he grinned and opened the door, walking out and closing it behind him.