Chapter 1: The Beginning

The gates were old. They rusted with age and had been standing since the school opened. The wind was cold. Decayed leaves swirled and travelled in the breezy current, taken into possibly the next school or town. Soon the silence was broken by fast-paced steps, taking long and tiring strides.
"I win! I'm the fastest!" Ruby panted, her long blonde hair flowing behind her.
"Not fair! You had a head start!" Amy complained. Her dark blonde hair stuck to her face with sweat, her green eyes gleaming happily. They both wore clean school uniforms, standing on the muddy, leaf covered ground. Recovering from the race, they calmed down and started to talk.
"Well. First day back.... I can't wait to be in Year 6 - we get to do so much!" Amy squealed with excitement.
"WE CAN FINALLY GET MAIN ROLES IN DRAMA CLUB! OH MY GOODNESS! THANK YOU AMY FOR REMINDING ME!" Ruby shouted with enthusiasm as her blue eyes widened.
"You're amazing at acting Ruby. I'll just be sitting in the corner doing nothing - introvert problems...."
"I'm forcing you to join drama club with me, Kiki and Wendy. Don't even try to stop us! It'll make you more confident." Ruby grinned at her friend. Trees swayed above them as more footsteps approached.
"Aha! There you two are, we've been looking everywhere."
Two other girls walked towards them. They were breathing heavily and red-faced. Suddenly a wave of students, all dressed in the school uniform, invaded the playground. Amy wandered off and left Ruby chatting to Kiki and Wendy. She saw a familiar figure in the corner, talking to a boy.
"Hey Evan! Come play 'it' with us!" Dahlia grabbed his arm and pulled him along. He sighed and gave in.

***

After a few minutes, a teacher appeared and opened the school gates. As if they were one body, all of the children filed through and into their classrooms. Ruby dragged Amy through the cloak room and into class. Four unfamiliar faces appeared stood at the front.
"Oh my goodness. There's Emma, Tom, Parker and Terrence. They got transferred here from a mysterious school - can you imagine being friends with the coolest people in school?!" A nearby girl, called Ella, whispered rather loudly to her friend.
"Ugh. More drama queens. Like we didn't have enough already." Evan sounded annoyed. His black gelled hair stuck up as he became angry.
"Typical Queen Bee. The boys are like her little popular henchmen." Amy  agreed.
"They can't be that bad, can they, guys?" Ruby said.
"I don't like Emma's face - and Terrence seems fishy..." Dahlia remarked.
"Right class! Find a seat and wait for me to call your name!" The teacher called over the loud students.
A shuffle and the screeching sound of chairs being pulled... then silence. Emma sat in a group of popular girls: all checking their nails, twirling their hair and whispering. Terrence, Tom and Parker blankly looked around at everyone else. Dahlia, Ruby, Amy and Evan sat together, watching the new kids.
"Hey, man. Who're they?" Terrence whispered to Parker.
"No idea, but by the look of things - the only genuine people in the room. Not popular, not so cool: but good-hearted." He replied, so three of them walked over to the rather quiet table.
They were about to introduce themselves. Suddenly, a scream came from the hallway outside. Loud thumps inched closer and closer. The children looked around, scared and confused.
Glass smashed and was scattered everywhere. The main door swung open. All hell broke loose, everyone was trapped. A group of tall, darkly clothed adults entered the room. They peered around, observing the chaos.
"AHHH!!! LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!!"
"I WANT MY MUM!!!"
"EVERYONE, OUT! NOW!!!!"
In a matter of seconds, most of the class had escaped out of the back door.

***

Now the intruders were blocking the back exit. Two large men observed the fourteen children left in the room. As fast as lightning, the not-so-quiet table and the new kids dashed out of the unguarded door. Everyone else followed, and legged it out of the building. Suddenly, Emma tripped and they all stumbled into a cupboard. The door slammed shut and wouldn't open.
"Well done, new kid. What a great idea," Amy was very angry. "Because this isn't the first place they'd look, is it?"
"I'm squashed! OMG I can't believe this! I have to Snapchat!" Emma exclaimed.
"Oh hell no!" Dahlia slapped her flip phone out of her hand.
"All of you. Shut up! They're coming!" Tom shouted.
"This is awful..." Parker muttered.
"Oi! Kid! Please don't dig your foot in my back." Dahlia squealed in pain.
"Sorry!" Parker smiled sheepishly, giggled and then shuffled out of the way.
"What should we do? Escape and fight back?" Terrence asked.
"Dude, we're gonna die anyway - we just saved ourselves an extra minute of life." Evan casually explained.
"Can you hear that? They're in here." A deep voice on the other side of the door said.
"These kids are special. I mean you can just feel potential. Lock 'em in."
"Colloportus."
The footsteps left, and it was silence once again.
"Since we're all going to eventually suffocate due to lack of oxygen, does anyone want to say anything?" Tom sarcastically sighed.
"What the hell was that?!" Ruby whispered.
"It sounded foreign to me..." Terrence answered.
"Are you stupid? That's not a language at all. New kids - always dumb." Evan sighed.
"Okay - let's get this straight." Tom explained. "I'm Tom, that tall dude over there is Terrence, blondie over here is Parker, and that's.. Emma."
"Well. If we're doing introductions now." Amy started,"I'm Amy. That gal over there is Dahlia, that dark-haired guy is Evan - and our blondie is Ruby."
"Well this is nice and all - but Amy's right," Dahlia said. "That's not a language."
"A spell?" Parker raised his eyebrow.
"There's no such thing as magic. Now I know my beauty might seem magical to some people, but it's just being naturally awesome and extends into my soul." Emma proudly stated.
"Right. You - girl. Shut the hell up. You are not beautiful. Beauty goes to the bone, ugly goes to the soul. Your parents just say that so you don't grow up to be even more of an idiot than you are now." Evan shouted angrily. His face was red and he was staring at the floor, flustered.
"You're not cute either. I bet you don't even have any Instagram followers."
"Why do we have Instagram and Snapchat? It's like nineteen ninety-one.." Amy furrowed her brows.
"Okay you two. Stop." Dahlia and Parker put their hands out to prevent them from hitting each other.
"You're too loud." Terrence said the obvious.
"Stop flirting with each other." Parker evilly smirked.
"Emma's too good for this random, scruffy boy." Tom loudly declared.
"Umm..... what the heck is going on? First there's a chronological error, now  these kids who've only just met are annoying each other like old friends? And why am I breaking the fourth wall to correct the writer's old mistakes?" Amy asked. The others looked at her, confused. What on Earth was she going on about?

***

Suddenly, there was a loud thump on the door. It occurred over and over again: louder each time. Someone was trying to get in.
"ALOHAMORA!!" A loud, gruff voice shouted. A blue spark appeared on the lock, and the door flew open; almost hitting Ruby.
A tall, dark and broad-shouldered figure stood in the doorway.
"What's goin' on in 'ere?"

***

Hi Guys!

This is our first chapter of Collision Of Worlds: The Crystal Lake. We've both put equal work into this. Please comment, vote and follow. Who are your favourite characters so far? (Note from the future: there's a lot of mistakes and stuff in this chapter and after a few chapters our mistakes disappear)

TEAM AQUARIUSNINJACAT!

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Your very merry authors,

aquarius_cat

And

Tinybigninga123

😉😇😘