Chapter 25: Christmas Day

Previously:

"Oh, hey!" Abbott waved across the room. She zoomed over to her immediately, whispering in her ear.
"We've got to talk. Right now."

***

Adam ran up to Hannah, in his usual smiling expression. He found the girl was sitting down on the sofa in the common room, staring emotionless at the fire.
"We've only got eighteen hours until six o'clock, Christmas morning!" He kneeled down next to the side of the sofa, his chin placed on the arm rest. He looked up at while she turned her head and gazed at him.
"I... good for you." She said coldly, and turned away.
"Hey, what's up?"
"Nothing. Now go away."
"I shall not desist, until Miss Abbott cheers up. I also insist on knowing what the situation is with the Slytherins is, since I have been informed that you do not converse with your old companions anymore." He declared.
"What are you, Shakespeare?" She chuckled, facing him again with a small grin on her face.
"Maybe, maybe. But will thou tell me about the snaky situation?" The Hufflepuff tilted his head.
"Well, I'm sure the others have told you what happened in the library..." Hannah began hiding her eyes with her hair, Adam however shook his head. "Basically, we had a fight and that left me lonely. I went to talk to Emma, because I knew she's not got many friends either. Then, I figured that her and Pansy would help me get revenge."
"Ooh. A feisty one."
The girl laughed, kicking her legs. Adam - realising what he had just said - buried his head in his hands, embarrassed.
"Okay, okay. You know what? I'll talk to the others again... for you." Her eyes twinkling with happiness. She was chuckling while the boy's face was cherry red, with a big grin.
"T-Thanks! Also, please try to stay friends with Emma. Even an idiot like me can see she's not very happy."
"You're not an idiot, you're.... one of the smartest people I know."
Adam smiled so much that his cheeks became so chubby that his glasses fell off. Hannah bent down and picked up his glasses, handing them back.
"I gotta go. See you." She got up, waved goodbye, and bounced away. The boy stood up, now a ruby-red, and skipped back to the dorm. As he opened the door, a figure blocked him.
"So. You and Hannah?" Lukas smirked with a raised eyebrow. The second Adam looked in his eyes he knew he was in trouble.
"Oh god."

***

Emma was eating in the Great Hall, alone. Pansy had already had breakfast, and was in the library looking for Draco and Jayden. She had been thinking about the whole situation regarding the 'good' group, and about reconciling with them. A blonde Hufflepuff approached her, and sat down.
"Hey. We need to talk."

***

Draco and Jayden were relaxing in the common room, debating whether to go to breakfast and deal with more drama or not. Suddenly, someone called from the dorm.
"Hey, Malfoy. Why's there an old book under your pillow? It's going to break soon if you treat it like that." Goyle asked, carelessly waving around a tattered, old, leather book. The platinum blonde boy ran over to him at the speed of light, grabbing the Yates diary out of his hands.
"It's not yours!" He clenched it lightly gripping the spine of the book.
"Why were you going through other people's stuff anyway?" Jayden followed, and went to check if all of his personal belongings were safe.
"Uh, well... it fell off the bed..."
Draco frantically flicked through the pages, making sure it was all intact.
"Don't. Touch. My. Stuff. Now go." The boy sneered through gritted teeth. Goyle scurried away, fearful of the consequences, and he left with the Slytherin door slamming behind him.
"What are you actually going to do with that now? We took it ages ago, I think Tom's forgotten about it. You can't keep it forever - he'll remember it's missing soon." The short Slytherin turned to his friend.
"Hmm... you're right, but it would be useless to do anything other than keep it. And also, Tom?" Draco questioned.
"Yates. Now how about just leaving it in the Gryffindor's common room? Someone will return it to him."
"Why would we even give it back anyway? We're not that nice."
"No, not like that. If we keep it for too long, he'll know it's been stolen. However, if it disappears for a bit then reappears somewhere near to him, it just looks like he lost it. Besides, I've copied every page and now you have an exact copy."
"Since when did you have good ideas?" The blonde scoffed, amazed at Jayden's logical explanation, but before the small boy could answer. Draco replied with a simple. "Fine. Let's do it."
"I think we should plant it on one of his friends bag - they'll discover it and of course they'll tell him. Next thing, he identifies it as his and everything's sorted. Maybe we should go to breakfast after all." Draco took the diary, and walked silently  to the door.
"Hannah?"
"Hannah."