Chapter 18: The Bathroom Rescue

Previously:

"Count the stars, guys." Dahlia copied her. Ruby stretched out, her hair getting tangled with a flower.
"Let's stay here for a bit. Please."

***

Tom dashed around the corner into the girl's bathroom. There was water everywhere. Hermione was hiding underneath the sink, quivering and petrified. A large, green troll was searching lazily for her, ripping cubicles violently from the floor. Harry and Ron were doing their best to distract the it from the other side of the bathroom, but it was no use. It was too focused on its task. He tumbled to the nearest sink - each time the troll glanced the other way it was a chance to edge closer to his friend. As the monster turned around, the heroic boy rolled closer to the end sink. He made a loud noise doing so, and nearly revealed his hiding space.
"What was that spell again?!" Tom muttered angrily - he was trying to remember one that could possibly knock or at least stop the beast. On the other side of the room, Ron was murmuring the wrong pronounciation of the Levitation spell, while his partner in crime was peeking around the corner. If the invader took one more step, the Gryffindor girl was done for.
"Hurry, Tom." Harry hissed. He's almost at Hermione!"
"How do you know it's a he?" The ginger-haired boy asked. "It could be a she for all we know."
"Shut up, Ron."
"Hey, rude!"
"It could hear you."
As if called by name, troll stomped loudly over to the other boys - meaning Tom had a chance to reach his friend.

***

"Are you alright?" He spoke softly.
"Oh, I've had a fantastic day!" Hermione glared at him sarcastically. "I've been told I've got no friends, I try to teach someone how to do a spell right and then get shunned for it and at the end of that day I get attacked by a troll! PERFECT DAY, WOULDN'T YOU SAY?!"
"Shh. Did you get hurt?"
"I did scratch myself, but it's only small." She showed him a small graze on her arm. "Your bigger problem is the troll. I've read all about them."
"Do you know how to knock it out?" Tom glanced behind him. Harry and Ron were cowering behind a section of brick wall that had been knocked down from the ceiling, the behemoth still searching for signs of life. It was a tense atmosphere - beads of sweat were dripping down his neck. One wrong move, or one sound; and they wouldn't see the light of day again.
"They're immensely stupid, but can be incredibly vicious and incredibly strong. When angered they can become extremely aggressive." The girl recited. "Their whiskers can be used for wand cores and have magical properties - they eat Acromantulas and have a taste for human flesh."
"Well, at least we know if we fail... we're it's midnight snack." Tom joked, but saw the horrified look on Hermione's face and stopped. "Any spells I can use to stop it?"
"I would use my own wand, but the troll has it. There is a spell, though." She furrowed her brow.
"Well?" Tom implored, "What is it?"
"Oh, right." The witch blushed. "Petr-"
Suddenly, a large, ugly hand appeared and took hold of her. Frightened and screaming, the girl tried to wriggle out of the troll's grip - but it's strength was unparalleled to anything she had faced before.
"HERMIONE!" Tom crawled out from underneath the sink, filled with anger. "It's ok, I'll save you!"

***

Emma was running, terrified, down the corridors. The Slytherin students didn't dare going any further into the dungeons - so she had gone her seperate way to escape the clutches of Draco and Jayden. Her eyes welled up with tears - not because of fear, but because of the look on Tom's face whenever he saw her. It was as if they didn't know each other anymore, and he was too busy focusing on everyone and everything else. After what seemed like ages, Emma ended up nearby the first floor girl's bathroom. She could hear something going on inside... and a familiar voice.
"HERMIONE! It's ok, I'll save you!"
The Slytherin princess peeked her head around the corner, taking out her wand. She saw a huge, green troll dangling a girl by her arm - smashing the stalls and mirrors. Ron and Harry were hiding in the furthest corner, unable to do anything. They spotted her, and signalled for her to join them. 
"What was the spell, again?!" Tom shouted over the chaos, not noticing Emma sneaking over to his friends.
"Petrifi-" Hermione started. Suddenly the troll swung her around - Emma screamed as it did so, confusing the monster. She dashed out from her hiding space, wand at the ready; gazing fiercely into the attacker's eyes. The Gryffindor girl nearly fell to the floor, as the monster focused on attempting to grab Emma too.
"Tom!" Ron yelled. "Get Invernias, quick!"
Tom was too distracted at seeing her again - it had felt like aeons since they've seen each other. As each second went by, the beast got closer and closer to it's next meal. He quickly snapped out of his trance, only to see Emma freeze up and Ron grab her by the waist to save her. The girl darted away from him, making sure they didn't touch - and reverting back to her perfect Slytherin act.
"You lot don't know anything about manners." Ron grumbled.
"At least I don't live in a pigsty." Emma hissed underneath her breath.
"What did you say?!"
"What I said was-" She clenched her fists.
"Shh, you two!" Harry covered their mouths with his hands. "The troll might find us."
"Get off me, Potter!"