Chapter 10: Rule Breaking 101

Previously:

"Terrence! Did you forget which dorm to go to?" Hannah hissed through the shadows.
"No..." He trailed off.
"Well, why are you here?!" She whisper-shouted. Terrence smiled to himself - her shadow looked like a turbaned man.
"Umm... well. I just wanted to say that you're very kind for stepping in when Ruby's upset." He whispered.
"What?" Hannah couldn't hear him. "I'm on my way, okay?" And he walked off.
"The Gryffindors are that way!"
"Oh, right."

***

The corridors were silent and desolate. The only thing that could be heard was the panting of Terrence's breath. Quiet, footsteps echoed through the long dark halls. The pace slowed as he approached the Gryffindor painting.
"It's past Curfew Mclag- You're not a Gryffindor." The Fat Lady said loudly. "Who are you?"
"Shhh." Terence whispered, "I've come on official business."
"And what is that business exactly?" The painting questioned his presence.
"Oh for goodness sake!" Terrence groaned. "Silencio!"
The Fat Lady's mouth was moving up and down, yet no noise came out of her lips. It was as if she had been put on mute.
"Sorry for doing this, I'll make it up to you one day." Terrence sighed, "Obliviate."
"Terrence! What do you think you're doing?!" Tom peeked his head round the corner of the Gryffindor door.
"W-well I met Hannah, then the painting got annoying so I muted and obliviated it." Terrence explained.
"Explain on the way." Parker whispered slowly closing the painting behind Amy, "I swear I saw Filch's Cat around the corner."
"What about the others?" Amy asked worriedly.
"They'll be there." Terrence assured as the group jogged up the stairs, "Hannah's getting them and Ruby is already waiting."

***

The blonde leaped silently down the dungeon. The Slytherin's lair was like a prison - and a very dark prison at that. Cold water dripped down the name of her neck, causing shivers up her spine.
"Go get Dahlia, Hannah." Hannah muttered to herself. "She's in the Slytherin house... why couldn't their dorms be happy and nice?"
"Oi!" A grouchy voice echoed from the end of the hall. "Who goes there!?"
Hannah turned around and darted to the left corridor. She swerved a sharp right: it was just like a maze. She closed her eyes and ran - ran straight into a solid object. Her bright yellow head band slid off and her frail body fell hard onto the floor.
"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!" The object apologised. "It's just that I heard Filch was around, and decided to come out to get you."
"Dahlia!" Hannah sighed with relief. "Filch knows someone is here, we need to get out this place quick."
"Yeah." Dahlia agreed simply, "I know the way out - I've been through these curving corridors a few times already."
"Thank goodness!" Hannah smiled happily. She wanted to get out of these dungeons quicker than Ron could eat a whole roast chicken.
"Let's just hope the others are in a safer situation." Dahlia wondered out loud, but little did they know... a small, dark-haired being was following them.

***

"Ruby!" Amy smiled merrily, "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." Ruby smiled nervously. "Just a little worried and the lot." Moonlight reflected across the dark stone hallway as they squashed behind a pillar.
"Oh." Tom said, "Well, Dahlia and Hannah will be here any minute now..."
The group waited in an awkward - yet tense -  silence. Without warning, a flutter of footsteps approached them.
"You won't get away from me now!" An ill-tempered Filch cried out angrily. In front of the caretaker were Dahlia and Hannah running for their lives. Luckily, for them, they were blanketed in darkness - small children hopping through the shadows, impossible to be seen without magic.
"Through the door - quickly!" Parker shoved them along.
Eight of them rushed into the great double doors. It was midnight, and the room was murky and dull. Mist loomed over their ankles and blanketed the beds.
"Guys, it's too dark." Ruby said, "I can't see a thing."
Unexpectedly, a loud crash echoed through the room.
"What was that?" Hannah squeaked nervously.
"It's just a sound. Plus I'm here." Terrence lifted his wand.
"And how's that supposed to help any of us?" Amy sarcastically remarked.
"As it happens, I am a Ravenclaw - known for their knack of handling magic. Your Gryffindor painting's been muted and obliviated, by the way."
"Guys!" Tom called. "I found him."
"Lumos!" Dahlia waved her wand.
"Evan!" Ruby ran over.
The boy was laying on a creaky, white-mattressed bed. He had colour back in his face and his arm was back in place. It was as if by magic he was back to his normal self overnight.
"W-wha?" Evan murmured. "Ruby?"
Ruby flung her arms around the boy, and whispered into his shoulder: "Don't ever do that to me again, You stupid-head."
Evan looked up and smiled, he was no longer tired and dreary. He looked over Ruby's shoulder glancing at the group, there were eight people - one blonde girl who was unfamiliar to him..... but another was missing.
"Where's Emma?"
"S-she didn't want to come," Tom covered his eyes with his chocolate hair. The darkness hid his face - Dahlia was behind him. "She had other things to do."
"Oh." Evan said plainly. "Well, Madam Pomfrey said she'll let me out tomorrow, and to stop diving into bludgers."
"That's really good," Dahlia smiled at her friend.
"How's it good? We've got to take care of him again! I really would like a break from you lot being extra and stupid." Amy rolled her eyes, but didn't really mean it.
"So what's new?" Evan asked curiously.
"Well, Tom made the quidditch team as a chaser, along with Harry." Parker informed.
"That's amazing...." Evan leaned up in awe, "You must be the first in-"
"A century." Terrence finished. "What do you think, Tom?"
"Yeah, whatever." Tom said staring up at the ceiling.
"He's been a bit off lately," Amy whispered. "Ever since your bludgers accident."
"Also, who's that?" Evan pointed at Hannah.
"Hello! I'm Hannah, Ruby's friend. I've kind of taken Emma's place on this mission... but I know a lot about you from what I've been told." She perked up at getting a chance to speak.
Suddenly, there was a creak at the door. The group rushed underneath the beds, while Evan slammed his head down on the pillow, pretending to be asleep. Dumbledore, Snape and Mcgonagall had silently entered.
"Is he asleep, Albus?" A familiar voice of the Transfiguration professor asked. Dahlia peeked oug from underneath the bed. They were standing around, looking at him affectionately.
"Yes." Dumbledore assured, "He is asleep."
"I should've stopped it the moment they were in the sky." She exclaimed, looking down at the floor.
"No, no." The headmaster said plainly. "We all knew it would happen eventually."
"But what about Potter, sir?" Snape entered the conversation. "Surely, he is not to be involved with this prophecy."
"No, Harry Potter has a different fate." Dumbledore agreed. "These children... they may collide two worlds and maybe even time. We must keep that book hidden forever, in the depths of the library."
"Do they know, Albus?" McGonagall asked.
"No one does, Minerva." Snape looked up at the ceiling. "And no one will-"
"Unless they find Ellastria." Dumbledore explained. Suddenly a loud crash sounded from outside...