Chapter 5: Platform 9 And 3/4

Previously:

The group looked at the woman sternly inspecting them. What was going to happen?

-

"You're a professor..." Parker said.
"Professor McGonagall. I teach Transfiguration at Hogwarts." The lady said.
"You mean that magic is real?!" Ruby asked excitedly.
"Yes. So are magical creatures."
"And there's an entire school to teach wizards and witches - hidden from what you call muggles?" Amy repeated what she had heard. It was unbelievable.
"Of course!" McGonagall smiled.
"Wow..." Terrence gasped.
"Hagrid, is this true?" Tom was sceptical about everything.
"If it ain't true, then what' am I doin' 'ere?" He confirmed.
"I just need your full names, children. Then Hagrid can take you to Hogwarts tomorrow! It's pretty dark outside."
"I'm Dahlia Williamson."
"I'm Emma Inviernias."
"Ruby Zalast."
"Evan Anderson."
"Parker Ryans."
"Amy Dacey."
"Terrence Rycroft."
"Tom Yates."
McGonagall gasped.
"Children... are you aware that if you put your names in that order the last initials spell-" She stopped herself.
"What? What do they spell?" Terrence asked.
"Right, kiddos. Bed." Hagrid said quickly, pushing them into the corridors
"This way to the bedrooms. They have everything you could need." Emma's mother returned and directed them up the grand staircase. She walked back downstairs.                                              
"You were right." McGonagall sighed. "They are the children of the prophecy."

***

"Good morning!" Evan shouted at his friends, who were gathered around the large breakfast table. They were all dressed in their robes, ready to go to Hogwarts.
"You look a mess. There is no way you could get dressed and still look that awful." Ruby told him. Parker nodded while Amy stifled a laugh.
"Hurry up and get your breakfast. We've already eaten and brushed our teeth - and you've only just woken up." Dahlia was dumbfounded at how lazy he was.
"I'm sorry, I got barely any sleep anyway," Evan grumbled as he grabbed some cereal and sat down.
"There is no rest for the wicked." Terrence and Tom called from the other end of the table. After a while of silence, Evan rushed upstairs to brush his teeth. Emma was still nowhere to be found.
"Let's go explore," Amy announced as she dragged the others up with her.
"You are not going anywhere." Emma appeared in the doorway, scowling. "Hagrid says we have to leave now. We were going to go via Floo powder - a magical way - but he won't fit through. The car's ready."
"Car?!" Evan shouted as he returned.
"Limo," Tom said, pointing through the front door.
"Come on!" Someone shouted from outside. They all scrambled into the huge driveway. A sleek, black limousine was parked on the gravel. Emma smiled. She loved showing off her wealth.

***

"This is cosy, isn't it kiddos? We'll be there soon." Hagrid called into the back. Amy was staring at London's magnificence through the one-way glass, as Dahlia, Evan and Ruby had started playing truth or dare. Parker, Tom, Terrence and Emma weren't saying anything. The streets outside were bustling, yet everyone was very dull and boring.
"Dahlia, I dare you to... hold Parker's hand!" Evan smirked.
"No!" She shouted.
A silence hung in the air. There was nothing to say, it was just a car ride. Of course, they were excited, but there was a sense of loss. Of emptiness. None of them had seen their families and friends in a few days after they just disappeared from their school. People would be worried about them, and they were just walking away for who knows how long. New friendships could be made at Hogwarts, but life wouldn't be the same. It was all new; a little too overwhelming. One day they were normal children, the next they are discovering a completely different world. Only characters from movies and books experienced this.
"Guys?" Parker said.
"What?"
"We should all make a promise, going into this new world. We are going to be there for each other: we are going to support each other, even if sometimes we fight." He said.
"I agree. Only people in this group understand what the others are thinking and feeling." Amy piped up. The others nodded their heads.
"It's a silly promise, and I can't guarantee I'll always be able to keep it - but you're right, Parker." Emma announced. Ruby extended her hand out. Tom placed his on top of hers. Evan did the same. The rest of them followed along.
"Team, on one... two... three," Dahlia said. They lifted their hands up and down, preparing to throw them in the air.
"TEAM!"
Hagrid smiled at what he heard. He knew that, in the end, they would all end up as one big group of powerful wizards.

***

"We're here. Kings Cross Station!" Hagrid shouted as he departed out of the passenger's seat. Amy shoved the large door open and jumped out. The chauffeur handed each child their luggage as they stepped out onto the pavement.
"My owl!" Amy exclaimed.
"Oh yes. Sorry." The suited man handed her a large cage, with a petite brown owl inside.
"Hello, Cleo." She smiled at the bird.
"Who's got my suitcase?" Tom shouted over the noise of commuters making their way to work. It was late morning, around nine o'clock. The crisp air blew, ruffling Hagrid's beard. Blue, cloudless skies and a bright sun made it a perfect day.
"I do! Sorry!" Evan handed Tom his suitcase, smiling kindly.
"It's nice to see you're all friends now. Make sure to stay like that!" Hagrid remarked. Once everyone was ready, they set off. Some people gave them confused looks because they really were a sight to behold. Hagrid stopped between platform nine and ten, beside a pillar. The two boys from Ollivanders were standing close by, looking puzzled and lost. Surprisingly, this part of the station was nearly deserted.
"Hello! We saw you all in Diagon Alley! I'm Jayden, and this is Adam." The short, brown-haired boy said as he pointed to the blonde.
"How do we get to platform nine and three-quarters?" Adam asked.
"Just run at that wall, kiddos. While you were getting ready, I brought another boy here. He's probably on the train with his ginger friend. Look out for him - he has glasses, black hair, and a lightning scar." Hagrid said, hoping they could be friends.
"Harry Potter?!" The blonde gasped. The brown-haired boy looked shocked. Hagrid just grinned.
"Who's that?" Ruby asked.
"We tell you later."
"I still can't believe that someone broke the Hufflepuff carriage and injured the train driver. It's caused a four-day delay!" Jayden grumbled. The others shared confused looks. They had no idea what he was talking about.
"Are we going, or not?" Emma asked.
"Ladies first." Parker smirked. Emma grabbed her things and ran towards the pillar. She suddenly disappeared.

***

Terrence fought his way through the train until he reached the compartment they had claimed.
"There you are, mate!" Tom exclaimed as he saw his best friend walk in.
"I found that boy Hagrid was talking about. Remember? Adam said his name was Harry Potter." Terrence said, out of breath from running to his friends.
"Well, let's go meet him!" Dahlia stood up and ran out. Everyone except Emma and Tom followed. They stayed behind, completely focused on a conversation they were having.
"Jayden! Adam! We're going to explore for a bit, make sure no one takes our space!" Ruby shouted into the compartment next to them, where the two boys were.
"Alright. I'll come and get you when we have to sit back down." Adam called after them.
"In here!" Terrence pointed. He knocked on the wood. A boy with bright red hair gestured for them to come in. His hand was covered in chocolate, and the raven-haired boy next to him stared at them through his glasses. Sweets and all kinds of treats were scattered over the seats.
"Hi, there! Hagrid said we should look out for you two." Amy greeted them heartily.
"I'm Terrence, that's Amy, Parker, Dahlia, Ruby and Evan. Our other friends - Tom and Emma - are in our compartment still."
"Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm Harry, and that's Ron." The boy with glasses said.

Hey Guys and Gals,

I hope you like the story! This is a joined effort, so please vote, comment and follow. Remember to check out our separate accounts!

Your Authors

Aquarius_Cat 🤗

and

TinyBigNinja123😉