Chapter 8: A Mini Quidditch Match

Previously:

"Potter!" Snape said suddenly, "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

***

"Add a powdered what to an infusion of what?" Harry glanced at Parker who shrugged his shoulders in confusion. Hermione's hand shot up like a bullet.
"Answer now Potter!" The hook-nosed teacher stared down at Harry. "It seems our famous celebrity cannot even answer the simplest of questions. Let's try again, Potter. Where would you go to find a Bezoar?"
"I don't know, sir." Harry said truthfully, hanging his head in shame.
"With all due respect sir," Amy stood up, with Parker quickly following. "You know he only discovered he was a wizard recently."
"There should be no expectation of him to know this just because he has a scar." Parker added.
Snape's lips curled into a sneer, his tunnel eyes glared deep into the two students.
"It seems that Potter has already recieved very... faithful... followers." He said in a barely audible whisper. "Ten points from Gryffindor each for the cheek. Last chance, Potter. What is the difference between monkhood and wolfsbane?"
"Oh for goodness sake!" Hermione shouted out. "For your information, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite."
She quickly sat down blushing profusely, noticing the glares from other students. Ron had his mouth open in awe. Even he, someone who had been brought up with magic, didn't know the answer.
"I have to say, Ms Granger..." Snape loomed over her, "I didn't expect a muggle-born to become such a clever-clogs in the wizarding world."
As the class went on, the professor was especially cruel to the Gryffindors. He was ducking points from the smallest of things. He walked as silent as the night through the dungeons, checking each little move.
Suddenly, a hissing sound almost like a snake, echoed through the dungeons. Neville had melted Seamus's cauldron. The contents of the pot spilled on the floor and landed on people's shoes. Unluckily for Amy and Hermione, they were working next to the boys. The liquid splashed all on them, the most of it spraying onto Neville. Dahlia noticed red angry boils sprung from their skin.
"Are you guys alright?!"
"Idiot boy!" Snape yelled angrily at him. "And what is this?"
He was holding a glass ball that had fallen out of the young boy's pocket.
"I-It's my remebrall. My grandma sent me it - she knows I forget things s-so it glows red whenever I do..." Neville squirmed.
The Slytherins (especially Malfoy) were sniggering loudly behind, but the professor did not notice, much less care.
"How useless..." Snape sneered very much similar to "Potter! Why did you not tell him to not add the porcupine quills last?!"
"That's not fair!" Tom argued, "Neville didn't mean for the cauldron to melt, and no-one knew it would happen, stop picking on him!"
"Twenty points from Gryffindor for interrupting a teacher!" Snape yelled at Tom. "No one make a noise while I take these imbeciles to the hospital wing."
Snape pinched Hermione and Neville's ear and dragged them upstairs, with Amy quivering behind them. Draco glanced maliciously at Harry.
"Famous Harry Potter got his friends in trouble!" Draco sneered happily, "Tut- tut."
"Don't start, Malfoy." Ron threatened.
"Or what?" Draco questioned, "Are you going to tell us off to your pathetic brothers?"
Ron blushed a bright scarlet. Dahlia evaluated the situation. Draco was smiling in delight at how he was winning the fight, Harry was hanging his head, but he wouldn't give up.
"I don't think it's fair!" She piped up.
"If you want to live in this house, muggle," Pansy advised, "Keep your head down."
"If you want to live through the next seven years, I suggest you leave her alone." Tom said firmly. "Dahlia's right, just because you know more about the wizarding world, doesn't mean you have to compete against Harry. It's ok if his status scares you."
"What are you, Yates?" Draco scrunched up his face in disgust. "Some kind of hero? I've know your story, thanks to Emma. Now back off."
Tom's mouth dropped open. How?!Younger Emma would never let this happen... but as time changes so do people.