Chapter 4: The Inviernias' House

Previously:

It was going to be a long day, but worth every single second.

***

The two boys quietly waved goodbye and headed in the opposite direction of where the group were going. In huge gold letter emblazed the name:

MADAM MALKIN'S ROBES FOR ALL OCCASIONS

"Please don't have one in beige!" Emma pleaded, reluctantly stepping inside the shop. The walls were pure white, with columns in each corner of the shop. They had robes in black, white, even bright pink! It was,after all, for All Occasions. A large woman approached the squealing squadron.
"What can I do for you?" She asked Hagrid.
"These kiddos are going to Hogwarts!" Hagrid explained, "Would ya mind if yer 'an dress 'em up for school? They're muggles."
"Sure thing." Replied the lady, presumably Madam Malkin.
"Follow me."
The children did as she said, leaving Hagrid in front of the shop, peering at the different things on sale. Madam Malkin led them into a series of rooms covered by scarlet curtains.
"Now, just pick a robe that best suits you." She told them. "And choose wisely..."
The children scattered around the shop. To the boys - and Amy -  they all looked the same, but the rest inspected each tiny detail. Emma picked all the ones that were the most expensive. One had jewels adorning the collar, another was purely made out of silk and ribbons.
"We're not made of money!" Amy remarked.
"You may not be, but I am." Emma handed the money in to buy the jewelled robe.
Terence, Tom, Evan and Parker bought the same design. Amy bought a simple robe made out of black silk. Ruby didn't mind what she wore but secretly Evan thought she looked amazing. Dahlia went simple but sleek, buying a similar robe to what Amy had.
"Don't you all look a sight!" Hagrid said, "Let's head to The Magical Menagerie!"
"A PET SHOP!" Amy and Dahlia squealed in delight.
When they entered the store, it was chaos. Owls were flying from cage to cage, cats were pouncing on each other - and toads were ribbiting like there was no tomorrow!
Birds swooped over the group as if they were prey. Tom had decided to let the animals come to him instead of him chasing them. He was reading a book when he heard a snap from in front of him. Lowering his book, he noticed a minuscule ginger cat approach him. It looked at him with green, absorbing eyes. Certain that he wanted this cat, Tom picked her up and hoisted her onto his lap, where she slept peacefully.
Amy already had an idea what she wanted. She wanted that beautiful small owl that landed on her head, while the Death Eaters were chasing them - but that bird was probably taken already, seeing as it had a letter, which was given to Hagrid. Now that she thought about it, what did that letter even say? Her thoughts were broken when a certain bird landed on her head.
"You!" Amy smiled, the small brown owl landed softly on her palm. "Of course I'm taking you!"
Above all the people who had problems picking pets, it was Dahlia. There were so many animals it was hard to choose. Lots of people had owls and right now, Dahlia was looking for a friend rather than a messenger. Suddenly, she stumbled and fell down on the floor. She had tripped over a pure black cat. It came over to her and licked her face slowly.
"Are you okay?" Someone came over, it was the boy from Ollivanders that she had met - Adam.
"You're the boy I met earlier!" Dahlia smiled. "And yeah, I'm ok."
"Sure?" The boy asked, concerned.
"Hey Dahlia!" Parker called, "There's this cool-"
He saw she was talking to another guy with platinum blonde hair and blue eyes. He wore a dark robe that had no unique attachment to it. Parker knew that type of sweet smile that drove girls crazy. This was the type of guy that made every other dude annoyed, because they always got the girl.
"Coming!" Dahlia called, "Well, I'll see you around."
"I didn't get your name!" The boy called but she had already ran off.
"Hey Parker." Dahlia smiled. "Did you find yourself a pet?"
"No," Parker said hands behind his back, "But I found this for you."
He brought his hands forward, and on his palm was a small pink-nosed, black kitten. It was sleeping soundly and didn't really pay any attention to what was going on.
"Go on!" Parker beckoned, "Take him, I've already bought the little nipper."
"You bought it?" Dahlia stroked the kitten with her pinkie,"It's adorable! Thanks."
"Hey guys! I got a snowy owl!" Ruby called.
Dahlia hugged him and went over to Amy, so the kitten could play with her small owl. Parker blushed a bright pink. He hid his face from Tom and Evan, but a voice whispered in his ear.
"Game on."